The SFA Repertory Dance Company has been sponsored by the Dance Program for over 30 years. Admission to the Company is by audition. A concentrated rehearsal schedule allows the Company to build its repertory by faculty and guests artists for performance in venues that include:
- Danceworks concerts sponsored by the SFA Dance Program
- Kaleidoscope sponsored by the Texas Association for Health, Physical Education, Recreation and Dance
- Adjudicated and informal concerts at the American College Dance Association annual conference
- Additional performances at University, community, and regional events.
SFA Repertory Dance Company auditions are generally held twice a year in the fall and spring. Company members must be SFA students with former training in modern dance, ballet and/or jazz. The audition is similar to taking an abbreviated class and may include a variety of styles. It is not necessary to prepare your own material.
Dancers selected for the Company must:
- Enroll in DAN 380 which meets Tuesday and Thursday afternoons
- Be available for additional rehearsals and performances
- Attend regular technique classes within the Dance Program
For further information about the SFA Repertory Dance Company, contact firstname.lastname@example.org or