The SFA Repertory Dance Company has been sponsored by the Dance Program for over 20 years. Admission to the Company is by audition. A concentrated rehearsal schedule during the fall semester culminates in an annual formal concert of works by faculty and guest artists. Student work that has been produced in the Danceworks studio concert may also be selected for main stage production. The Company has performed throughout Texas and the South Central Region of the American College Dance Festival as well as in Long Beach, California and Tempe, Arizona.
Recent performances include:
- American College Dance Festival Association Annual Conference, Austin, TX 2014
- Danceworks Studio Concerts, Nacogdoches, TX 2013-2014
- Kaleidoscope Dance Concert, Texas Association for Health, Physical Education, Recreation and Dance, Galveston, TX 2012
SFA Repertory Dance Company auditions are held twice a year in the fall and spring. Company members must be SFA students with former training in modern dance, ballet and/or jazz. The audition is similar to taking an abbreviated class and may include a variety of styles. It is not necessary to prepare your own material.
Dancers selected for the Company must:
- Enroll in DAN 380 which meets T/TH 3:00-6:00 PM
- Be available for additional rehearsals and performances
- Attend regular technique classes within the Dance Program
For further information about the SFA Repertory Dance Company, contact:
Elizabeth Rhodes, Director