The purpose of the Alliance is:
- To give majors, minors, and graduate students in the fields of Health Science, Kinesiology, and Dance an opportunity to meet together with the faculty and other related professionals to discuss new and ever present facets in these fields.
- To promote greater social and professional cooperation among all Health Science, Kinesiology, and Dance students and faculty.
- To cooperate with the American Alliance for Health, Physical Education, Recreation, and Dance (AAHPERD), the Texas Association for Health, Physical Education, Recreation, and Dance (TAHPERD), and the American College of Sports Medicine Texas Chapter (TACSM) in presenting their ideas in Health, Human Performance, Physical Education, Recreation and Dance to student Majors and Minors at Stephen F. Austin State University.
- To attend conferences, workshops and other meetings as will make effective the work of the organization; and to coordinate with the activities of local and state organizations (e.g. TAHPERD, AAHPERD, TACSM).
- To increase public understanding, appreciation, and awareness of the importance and value of Health, Physical Education, Kinesiology, Recreation, and Dance, as they each and jointly contribute to the welfare of the city of Nacogdoches and campus of Stephen F. Austin State University.
Find Out More
2017 Alliance Officers
Morgan Clifton - President
Brittany Quinn - Vice President
Kendra Garcia - Treasurer
Candace Goady- Secretary
Katie Stanley - Historian
Dr. Joubert - Advisor