Stephen F. Austin State University Pre-Law Academy
The only high school pre-law program in Texas all students can attend -- June 6 - June 13, 2015.
Stephen F. Austin State University invites you to apply to the only Pre-Law Academy in Texas designed for rising high school juniors and seniors:
- Interact with federal and state judges
- Visit courtrooms and law offices
- Experience a crime scene investigation
- Participate in a mock trial competition
- Instruction by law school and university professors
- Learn about the LSAT exam
- Meet law school admissions officers
- Learn to brief law cases
- Discuss undergraduate preparation for law school
- Study the judicial system
- Enjoy recreational activities.
Students are accepted on a first come, first served basis until capacity is reached.
Students who successfully complete the Pre-Law Academy receive a certificate bearing the seal of SFA, and signed by the Dean of the College of Liberal and Applied Arts.
Top Ten Reasons to Become a Lawyer*
- Intellectual challenge
- Earning potential (median salary $110,590)
- Transferrable skills
- Opportunity to help others
- Global influence
- Diverse practice areas
- Work environment
- Perks, like travel
Residence and Dining
Participants live in a residence hall at SFA. These rooms are close to program classes and to the dining hall. A residence assistance will be available in the evenings to supervise and provide assistance. Meals are served in a university dining hall. Meals begin with dinner on the first evening of the program and end with breakfast on the final day of the program. Breakfast, lunch, and dinner are served June 6 -June 13.
Lodging for seven nights in a double-occupancy room costs $250 and includes meals. A participant is exempt from residing in the residence hall if living with a parent or legal guardian. An optional meal plan (breakfast, lunch, and dinner) for these participants may be purchased for $100. Tuition for the one-week program (which includes instruction, field trips, and extra-curricular activities) is $500.