You've already demonstrated success in college, but wouldn't you love to thrive? Your transfer experience RLC will teach you how to integrate knowledge across your curriculum, building the skills and the relationships that will help you succeed.
While in a transfer experience RLC, students will take a course led by an esteemed member of the faculty, learning the importance of connection both in the classroom and beyond. Being in such an RLC will help expand intellectual curiosity beyond the classroom and establish an immediate sense of community with faculty and fellow transfer students. You will engage in activities that will help you connect to your SFA community.
The community is welcoming of students of all backgrounds, majors and experiences. The diversity of perspective and experience is one of the strongest points of the program and an opportunity for residents to learn from each other and grow together.
Located In: Griffith Hall
Open To: All transfer students with at least 15 transferable college credits
Benefits of the Transfer Experience RLC Program
- Team build with other transfer students.
- Attend exclusive events and activities.
- Access workshops designed to enhance your leadership and professional development.
- Gain exposure to different areas of the university.
- Engage in network opportunities with faculty members.
- Volunteer opportunities within the Nacogdoches community.
- Transfer Student with at least 15 hours of transferable college credit
- Participate in education-related service learning and volunteer opportunities
- Actively engage in the community
To gain admission to an RLC, you will need to complete an RLC program application (in addition to the general SFA housing application) and be admitted into the RLC program.
If you are admitted to an RLC, you will be able to select a room within that community. If you do not meet the eligibility requirements or the RLC has reached capacity, you will be able to select a room on campus through the regular room selection process.
If at any point you wish to withdraw an application, or for questions regarding the general housing application, meal plans, payment information, etc., contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org or 936.468.2601. We would be happy to help!