Living on campus is one of the best ways to get the full “Lumberjack experience,” from forming lifelong friendships to participating in on-campus social activities and learning opportunities. We think on-campus living is so important that we require students to live on campus until they have earned 60 hours or turn 21 years old.
You are required to live on campus if you are under 21 or have less than 60 earned hours. If you live within a 60 mile-radius of campus, you can apply for an off-campus permit.
Applying for housing: A few simple steps
- Complete your residence hall application and contract (see application process below).
- Submit your $100 residence hall deposit with your completed application.
Residence hall application process
After you’ve applied for admission to the university, you can apply for housing. You don’t have to wait until you’re admitted. You’ll need your mySFA username and password, which you should have recieved after applying for admission. The residence hall application can be found online by following the steps below.
- Log in to your mySFA account.
- Select the Campus Life tab.
- Select Residence Life Services.
- Log in to Residence Life Services with your mySFA account information.
- Choose the correct application for your upcoming term.
- Complete your application, and submit your $100 deposit.
- Check your SFA email account for your application confirmation.
Selecting your residence hall
You will be eligible to select your room after you’ve been admitted to the university. You’ll be notified when it’s time to select your room through your SFA email account.
Explore our residence halls now to identify your top choices.