Before leaving on any trip it is always a good idea to have a checklist to help stay organized. Please refer to the following list to make sure you have all the items you need prior to departure.
If you see where changes need to be made to this list please email the Study Abroad Coordinator.
Check for the following BEFORE you leave:
- Updated passport
- Valid ID which shows proof of age/student status
- Plane ticket (if not leaving from Nacogdoches with a group)
- Traveler's checks Credit/debit cards that are accepted at your destination
- Prescription drugs (a supply large enough to last for the time you will be abroad)
- A/C adapter for electrical appliances if needed
- Guidebook for your study abroad destination
- Metro plan and a map of your destination
- Your favorite toilet articles (some items may not be easily accessible at your destination)
- Your host families address/phone number, if applicable
- Any emergency contact information you might need for the U.S.
- OIP telephone 936-468-6604 / 2961 / 6631
- SFA police department 936-468-2608 (24 hours 7 days/week)
- US Embassy or Consulate
- registered and paid for your classes abroad?
- indicated to financial aid where to deposit your money while abroad?
- given your parents and the Study Abroad Coordinator the numbers to call in case of concern/emergency?
- called your credit card companies to get overseas telephone numbers in case of an emergency?
- written down your credit card numbers somewhere in case they are lost or stolen?
- checked with your bank to make sure your debit card can be used overseas?
- asked your parents to investigate special plans for international rates with their long-distance provider?
- notified family and friends of the time zone difference?
- packed appropriately for destination weather/climate?