Desire2Learn, or D2L as it is commonly called, is SFASU's learning management system. Currently, SFASU is running D2L version 9.4.1. Beginning in Fall 2014, our university will upgrade to D2L version 10.3.
To access D2L, go to http://d2l.sfasu.edu and log in with your mySFA username and password.
During the winter break, in the first week of January, the following courses/semesters will be deleted from D2L:
- Conversions (all courses in the "Conversions" semester -- these were converted from Blackboard, and have the instructors' usernames at the end of the course titles)
- Summer 2012 (all courses in all semesters from that Summer)
- Fall 2012 (all courses)
By January 6th, the courses in the semesters listed above will be gone. Permanently gone.
If you have course material in those semesters that you wish to save, you must do either of the following by no later than Wednesday, December 18th:
- Save a backup copy of your course(s) to your own computer. For instructions on how to save a backup copy of your course(s), look for the "Saving a Course Backup" link in the list of Quick Guides, below.
- Request a DEV shell from OIT for each course you wish to save a copy of, and then copy your old course material into the DEV shell(s). A DEV shell is simply a course shell that isn't connected to a real section, contains no students, and provides you a place to keep and develop or fine-tune your course material. To request a DEV shell from OIT, send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org and specify the 3 letter course code and course number so that we know what to title the shell. (ex: ENG 132 or HIS 310). After we create your DEV shell, you'll copy the older course material into it yourself.
For directions on how to copy course material, look for the "Copying a Course" link in the list of Quick Guides, below.
Also, be aware that when you save a backup copy or when you copy course content into a DEV shell, student work and grades are not retained. You would need to download student files and grades separately if you need to keep them.
Printable quick guides on a variety of D2L tools and functions:
- Introduction to D2L
- Semester Preflight Checklist
- Copying a Course
- Saving a Course Backup
- Hiding Content and Other Course Activities and Items
- Introduction to the D2L Gradebook
- Exporting a Copy of Your Gradebook
- Using the Dropbox (Assignments) Tool
- Using the Quizzes (Assessments) Tool
- Creating and Managing Groups
- Making a WebDAV connection between D2L and Dreamweaver
- Adding D2L to Internet Explorer's Compatibility View
Want to be notified immediately of important announcements from OIT? Subscribe to OITtweets !!!
Simply send a text message one time to 40404 with the message, follow SFA_OITtweets. OIT sends announcements about system downtimes, upgrades, training opportunities, and other Instructional Technology news directly to your cell phone.