Want to be a 2013 Orientation Leader?
SFA Orientation Leaders (OL) assume many responsibilities including helping in the preparation of all Orientation sessions, providing information to future students and family members through small and large group settings and, most importantly, promoting SFA in a fun and comfortable atmosphere.
OLs are compensated for all work during work weeks and all Orientation sessions. Meals and lodging during freshman orientation sessions will be provided as well.
OLs must meet the following requirements:
- An OL must support the goals of the University and the Orientation Programs department.
- An OL must have completed twelve (12) hours at SFA by December 2012 and must meet academic standards (GPA of 2.0 or above) at the time of application, at the end of the fall semester and at the end of the spring 2013 semester. No one may hold an OL position while on academic probation.
- An OL must not be on disciplinary probation.
- An OL must be enrolled for the Spring 2013 semester and have attended SFA for two semesters by May 2013.
- An OL may have an outside job as long as it does not interfere with the fullfillment of the requirements of the OL position, If an OL has another job, Orientation must take precedence.
- An OL must work all Orientation sessions, including the Wednesday set up and staff meeting for each session.
- Absences from training sessions and/or Orientation sessions are excused only for classes, illness, or death in the family.
- An OL must reside in Nacogodoches during summer 2013.
- All OLs must attend the mandatory training dates.
Applications for 2013 Orientation Leader positions will be posted in September 2012. Details on how to apply for a 2013 Orientation Leader position will be posted at a later date.
Mandatory dates to remember
- Applications are due: Friday, November 2, 2012 by 5:00 p.m.
- Group Interviews: TBA
- Weekly spring training meetings*: TBA beginning 2013
- Staff team builders*: One team builder each month (February, March, and April)
- 2013 Freshman Orientation sessions**: June 13-14, June 20-21, June 27-28, July 18-19, and July 25-26
- 2013 Transfer Orientation sessions: May 3, July 12, and August 2
- SFA Showcase Saturdays: February 23, 2013 and April 6, 2013
- Orientation Staff Retreat: May 16-18, 2013
- Orientation Staff Work Weeks: May 21-June 12, 2013
*Spring training meetings and team builders will not be held on academic holidays.
**There will be mandatory staff meetings and set-up each Wednesday before an Orientation session.