Current Construction Projects
A listing of all construction projects can be found online at the Physical Plant web site.
Beginning the week of August 31st, Starr Avenue will be closed to through traffic from North Street to Raguet Street. Traffic will be detoured along Raguet (south) and Bailey Streets. This section of Starr Avenue will be closed for approximately twelve months to move city utilities and increase the road width to four lanes.
Other traffic changes throughout the project SFA include:
• Clark Boulevard at Starr (campus entrance & exit) will be closed.
• Baker Street at Starr will be closed.
• Fredonia Street at Starr will be closed.
• Mound Street at Starr will be closed
Please see the map below of the affected area.
Also, pedestrians and cyclists are cautioned to avoid the construction zone and seek alternate routes to and from campus as sidewalks along Starr Avenue will be demolished and later replaced as part of the construction.
SFA personnel will monitor campus traffic and work with TxDOT and the city to mitigate disruption to the campus. Faculty, staff, and students can help in the following ways:
• Plan travel routes ahead of time
• Dine on campus
• Car pool
• Walk or bike to work
• Utilize the SFA Shuttle Bus Service