Director of Parking & Traffic
Posting Number: 0602252
Position Type: Non-Classified Staff
Department: University Police Department
General Description: This is a professional position responsible for planning, organizing, leading, directing and supervising all aspects of parking and regulatory activities in support of the goals of the University Police Department, Division of University Affairs and the university. The candidate will work under minimal supervision, with extensive latitude for the use of initiative and independent judgment. This is a security-sensitive position that reports to the chief of police.
Parking & Traffic will be phasing out TickeTrak and implementing the Permits and Enforcement module in Flex this year. The Student Center Parking Garage already uses Flex to manage garage operations.
Essential Job Functions:
1. Manage the daily activities and customer service of the Parking Operations Division, including administrative support staff, traffic enforcement personnel and student employees.
2. Prepares reports associated with parking trends, long-term and short-term future parking requirements, current usage, enforcement, and availability.
3. Oversees the pay-per-use facilities on the university campus.
4. Oversees the operations of the Information Booth.
5. Participates in planning and research of future parking improvement associated with the university's strategic plan.
6. Assists in preparing annual budget.
7. Manages and enhances the use of computerized citation equipment and software.
8. Performs personnel-related tasks, including but not limited to: personnel evaluations, recruiting, interviewing, hiring and training.
9. Serves as a liaison with the Student and Faculty/Staff Appeals Committees.
10. Handles complaints from the university community in regard to parking and traffic.
11. Manages and supervises special events parking, including but not limited to: coordination of needs for special events, construction and other causes for displacement of parking.
12. Manages the Motorist Assist Program.
13. Prepares, manages and makes recommendations for changes in the Parking Rules and Regulations Policy.
14. Orders and maintains parking permits for students, faculty and staff members, and visitors, as well as other supplies needed by the department.
15. Plans and coordinates the installation and maintenance of traffic, directional and informational signs on the campus grounds and ensures the proper marking of assigned lots and streets.
16. Monitors towing services provided by a private contractor.
Non-Essential Job Functions:
1.Performs other related duties as assigned.
Required Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
1.Knowledge of, or the ability to learn, university policies and procedures.
2. Knowledge of the regulations governing university Parking.
3. Knowledge of parking strategies.
4. Knowledge of the use of two-way radios.
5. Knowledge of, or the ability to learn, pay-per-use facility operations, equipment and software.
6. Skill in using standard office equipment and software.
7. Ability to handle complaints regarding parking issues in a tactful manner.
8. Ability to react quickly and calmly in emergency/stressful situations.
9. Ability to enforce rules and regulations.
10. Demonstrated ability to meet deadlines, work independently and solve problems.
11. Ability to train and supervise others.
12. Ability to learn parking and university-specific software.
13. Ability to communicate effectively in both oral and written form.
14. Ability to maintain effective interpersonal relationships.
15. Ability to exercise sound judgment in making decisions.
16. Ability to work outside of normal work hours, as necessary.
17. Ability to work in inclement weather.
18. Ability to obtain and maintain a valid Texas Driver's License and University Driving Permit, according to University Policy.
Education: Bachelor's degree in business, finance, marketing, criminal justice or related field is required. Master's degree is preferred.
Experience and Training: Five years of related experience is required. Experience in parking management is required. Supervisory experience is required. Experience with the use of computerized citation equipment and software and TicketTrak software is preferred. Experience in pay-per-use facility operations is preferred.
Work Hours: Mon-Fri 8am-5pmSome weekends and after hoursSpecial Instructions: Reviewing of applications will begin on May 01, 2013.
Specific Job Requirements for this Posting: Salary commensurate with education and experience.
Contact Name(s): Marc Cossich
Contact Phone/Extension: 936-468-2252
Contact Fax: 936-468-3984
Application Information Contact: Stephen F. Austin State UniversityOnline App. Form: https://careers.sfasu.edu/applicants/Central?quickFind=53952&jtsrc=www.high eredjobs.com&jtrfr=www.peopleadmin.com&adorig=PA