The SFA Physical PLant Department is responsible for the administration of all Education and General (E&G) facilities and associated services, including:
- Building maintenance (HVAC, electrical/eletronics, plumbing, carpentry, painting, elevators)
- Grounds maintenance (entire campus)
- Central store operations
- Construction projects
- Custodial services (general cleaning, floor care, restroom stocking, recycling)
- Special services (move/event support, refuse removal)
- Transportation services (vehicle maintenance, rental, shuttles/road buses, street and parking lot maintenance)
- Utility distribution and infrastructure (electric, gas, water, sewer, storm)
In addition, services may be performed for auxillary departments upon request. All related costs are the responsibility of the requesting department and will be charged through the SFA Inter-Department Transfer (IDT) process.
- SFA Transportation operates a full service, cost effective repair facility offering all services necessary to maintain and repair university owned vehicles. University clients should utilize on-site services whenever possible.
The Transportation Shop shall serve as the SFA motor pool and shall have responsibility for maintenance, repairs, records, and alternative fuel location for all campus vehicles. The fleet manager shall assign and meet with campus area coordinators to administer departmental vehicles and comply with reporting requirements of the state's Office of Vehicles and Fleet Maintenance (OVFM).
- The Transportation Shop performs scheduled maintenance and repairs on all university owned vehicles and equipment. Expenses incurred for service on departmentally owned vehicles will be charged to the department.
- The Transportation Shop will conduct an annual preventive maintenance inspection on each vehicle and make any repairs necessary. Expenses incurred for service on departmentally owned vehicles will be charged to the department. Departments will be contacted by the transportation shop to schedule annual preventive maintenance appointments.
- Departments may schedule unplanned repairs as needed by contacting the transportation shop in person (preferred), by phone, by email or by placing a work order through the AiM Work Management System
- All maintenance and repairs performed by outside vendors must be authorized by the SFA Fleet Manager or Service Manager PRIOR TO REPAIRS. Email authorization is preferred.
- Provide fixed-route shuttle bus services for the main campus and road bus services for off-campus travel
- Maintain and manage a rental fleet consisting of eight vans and five cars
- Heavy equipment operators utilize backhoes, paving equipment, etc. to maintain SFA streets and parking lots
- Special event support, delivery service, campus moves, and other services as needed
- Remove all trash throughout campus and deliver to refuse site