The Project Management Office (PMO) is part of Information Technology Services at Stephen F. Austin State University. Our purpose is to provide leadership and assistance to the SFA campus community in the successful delivery of technology-related projects. We will work to provide an environment that fosters communication and inclusion of relevant stakeholders throughout the project life cycle through the use of project management strategies. Our goal is to ensure the successful alignment and delivery of desired outcomes to meet SFA strategic objectives with projects completed on-time, within scope and budget utilizing the following objectives:
- Develop a campus-wide methodology utilizing state and national standards for defining project initiation, selection, and prioritization to align technology-related initiatives with SFA strategic objectives.
- Develop a campus-wide methodology utilizing state and national standards for planning and tracking technology-related initiatives to ensure the achievement of the goals and objectives within the planned timeframe, scope, and budget.
- Develop a campus-wide methodology to inform project team members, stakeholders, steering committee members, and project champions of the status of initiatives being tracked by the project management office.
- Utilize a governance structure for technology-related initiatives to standardize the initiation, selection, and prioritization of each project to ensure that appropriate technology initiatives are selected and that financial and people resources are properly aligned for implementation and on-going support.
- Facilitate communication to relevant stakeholders concerning future initiatives to increase reuse of existing technology and reduce redundant efforts concerning similar processes across campus.
- Develop a campus-wide methodology to encourage project selection and prioritization based upon these objectives.
- Foster communication among project team members, project stakeholders, and across departments to ensure successful completion of each phase of the project life cycle.