Administrative Systems Software Changes (F-36)
Original Implementation: January 19, 1999
Last Revision: April 23, 2013
Administrative systems software changes are the responsibility of Information Technology Services (ITS) in conjunction with Enterprise Resource Planning (ERP) systems module owners. ERP systems include, but are not limited to, Banner, Raiser’s Edge, and Odyssey.
Software changes to the university’s ERP systems allow each system to:
- Meet the changing needs of the user community and system owners.
- Provide patches when problems are encountered.
- Provide upgrades to the systems as new features are added.
Changes to software modules in the ERP system are requested by the module owners. The changes are then evaluated as a solution for the problem or need they address by the appropriate team lead within Information Technology Services (ITS) and are approved or rejected for application to the system. If the changes are approved, ITS will assign staff to complete the programming for the modifications.
Application of Software Changes
The following procedures provide appropriate checks and balances for software modifications.
- The database administration staff (DBAS) is exclusively responsible for performing changes to the production software modules in the ERP system.
- Candidate code is tested in the test system by the ITS programming staff and the module owner.
- After the candidate code has been successfully tested and evaluated for correct function, the module owner may request that the DBAS move the code to the production module.
- Once the DBAS completes the move process, the new code is ready for use in the production ERP system.
- The module owner will then verify that the new code is functioning appropriately in the production environment.
Cross Reference: None
Responsible for Implementation: Provost and Vice President for Academic Affairs
Contact for Revision: Director of Information Technology Services
Forms: Account Authorization Form
Board Committee Assignment: Academic and Student Affairs