Alumni Association Distinguished Professor Award (A-16)
Original Implementation: Unpublished
Last Revision: January 29, 2013
The Stephen F. Austin State University (SFA) Alumni Association presents a Distinguished Professor Award each fall semester. Nominations are solicited each spring and must be submitted by June 1on a Distinguished Professor Award Nomination Form available on the SFA Alumni Association website (www.sfaalumni.com). A committee made up of the last three recipients reviews the nominations and presents its recommendation for selection to the executive director of alumni affairs. Criteria for the selection of the SFA Alumni Association Distinguished Professorship Award requires the recipient to:
- best exemplify excellence in teaching, research/scholarly/creative accomplishment, and service.
- bring wide recognition to SFA in the areas of scholarship, citizenship, and contribution to academic excellence.
- be a tenured, active member of the SFA faculty; however, academic administrators holding a position above that of a department chair or director are not eligible.
- demonstrate involvement in and support of the SFA Alumni Association
- be a member of the SFA Alumni Association by the date of the award.
Cross Reference: www.sfaalumni.com
Responsible for Implementation: Provost and Vice President for Academic Affairs
Contact for Revision: Executive Director for Alumni Affairs
Board Committee Assignment: Academic and Student Affairs