Physical Plant Charges (B-21)
Original Implementation: December 7, 1987
Last Revision: July 17, 2012
Funding for repairs to campus buildings comes from several sources and the type and use of the building determines the source of funding. Funding is as provided below:
Educational and general buildings (i.e., academic and non-auxiliary support offices, classrooms, library, etc.): Maintenance of these buildings and building equipment is the responsibility of the Physical Plant department and is paid from funds budgeted for that purpose.
The Physical Plant department may, however, charge educational and general accounts for the following material and services.
- Materials taken from stock not used in maintenance projects.
- Repair of equipment including appliances.
- Set-up and moving charges.
- Paint requests when redecorating or outside the normal maintenance schedule.
- Materials and labor for millwork.
- Vehicle rentals, repairs, and fuel.
- Minor alterations that change the structure of the facility.
- Replacement of lost keys or lock changes due to lost keys.
- Call back expenses that are not caused by normal maintenance requirements.
All maintenance and requested services for non-education and general buildings will be charged to the appropriate campus customer account.
Normal business hours of the Physical Plant department are Monday through Friday 7 a.m. to 4 p.m. Please note that all work performed outside of these normal business hours may be subject to an overtime charge.
Cross Reference: None
Responsible for Implementation: Vice President for Finance and Administration
Contact for Revision: Director of Physical Plant
Board Committee Assignment: Finance and Audit