Work Requests (B-32)
Original Implementation: December 7, 1987
Last Revision: January 29, 2013
The Physical Plant Department does routine preventive maintenance based on importance, priority and available manpower. Maintenance is performed by the Physical Plant Department in response to requests made by individuals authorized to expend university funds. The Physical Plant Department will respond to the following categories of requests:
- Routine Maintenance
- Custodial Services
- Special Services
- Routine Maintenance. These requests should include anything of a normal nature that will not require emergency attention or alter the structure. Such requests include temperature control, minor plumbing or custodial problems, and minor electrical problems. Requests of this nature should be directed to the Physical Plant Department by telephone at 468-3206 or by submitting a request online through the computerized maintenance management system (AiM).
- Custodial Services. Requests for custodial services beyond normal cleaning activities by custodial personnel should be directed to Custodial Services at 468-3905.
- Special Services. Special Services are administered by the Physical Plant Department at 468-5107 and include move/event support, delivery services, disposal services and other services as needed.
- Emergencies. These requests, in the opinion of the requester, require immediate action to prevent endangerment of life and/or property damage.
- Broken water lines (inside or out)
- Utilities off
- Smell of natural gas or burning materials
- Broken windows
- Commodes overflowing
- Water spills on floors
- Hazardous conditions
Between the hours of 7 a.m. and 4 p.m. emergency requests should be reported immediately to the Physical Plant Department at 468-3206. All after-hours emergencies should be reported immediately to the University Police Department at 468-2608.
Cross Reference: None
Responsible for Implementation: Vice President for Finance and Administration
Contact for Revision: Director of Physical Plant
Board Committee Assignment: Building and Grounds