Choose one of the 4 options below then contact Jaimie Garrie
- Consumable supplies are almost always included in the maintenance portion of these contracts and this should be considered in comparing the cost of the copier you choose.
- Most of the "well known" brands are on one or more state or Coop contracts (i.e. DIR, TPASS, TCPN). If for some reason you have found a copier that is not on a contract and is over $5,000 it will have to be bid out and there is no guarantee that the low bidder will be the vendor of your choice.
- Receiving is NOT required on copiers
- Copiers with hard drives are required per policy to have data overwrite capabilities.
(4) options when ordering a copier:
1. Purchase w/Maintenance Contract *Most Popular*
Purchase a copier in full. If you wish to do this you CAN use HEF Funds for the Maintenance ONLY at the time of purchase. If you do not wish to do a maintenance contract and then decide later on you do want to add a maintenance contract, you CANNOT use HEF Funds.
2. Lease (with or without option to purchase) *Most Popular*
Lease (usually paid monthly) is held by the vendor until paid in full. Once paid in full you will have 1 of the following options: $1 buyout (Municipal), meaning you pay $1 extra and the machine is yours OR Fair Market Value (FMV) which means you pay what the market says is the current price of the copier and the machine is yours. Maintenance is included. CANNOT use HEF Funds.
3. Lease/Purchase (financing)
Lease (usually paid monthly) is held by the vendor until paid in full and then you are the owner of the machine at the end of the contract. This option sometimes requires a 3rd party financing option; meaning the vendor you lease the machine from will not necessarily be the vendor you are paying. This option normally requires a separate maintenance agreement be purchased through a separate vendor. Can use HEF Funds.
Month to Month rental of a copier. Normally 30 days notice is required to cancel rental. Prices on rentals are normally higher than a lease. CANNOT use HEF Funds.
The below listed vendors are the ones we currently utilize. If you find a vendor you would like to use that is not listed, please contact Jaimie Garrie with the vendor's Name, Address, Phone, and contact person's Name and e-mail address.
|7510 Calder Ave. Beaumont, TX||Services the following machine(s):|
|Phone: 409.866.2422||1. Canon|
|Representative: Rodney Polk|
Complete Business Systems
|719 W Front St, Ste. 65 Tyler, TX||Services the following machine(s):|
|Phone: 713.503.1941||1. Ricoh 2. Lanier|
|Representative: Alex Ryser||3. Savin 4. Hewlett Packard|
East Texas Copy Systems
|1600 W. Frank Ave. Ste A Lufkin, TX||Services the following machine(s):|
|Phone: 936.699.4455||1. Canon 2. Kyocera Mita 3. Copylite|
|Representative: Curt Tatum|
Innovative Office Systems
|2108 N. John Redditt Dr. Lufkin, TX||Services the following machine(s):|
|Phone: 936.633.6550||1. Kyocera|
|Representative: Jeff Taylor|
|100 E Ferguson Ste 416 Tyler, TX||Services the following machine(s):|
|Phone: 903.594.4458||1. Ricoh|
|Representative: Randy Fedell|
Texas Document Solutions
|2003 Atkinson Dr. Lufkin, TX||Services the following machine(s):|
|Phone: 936.699.2800||1. Canon 2. Sharp 3. Kyocera|
|Representative: Bryan Modisette|
|424 North St. Nacogdoches, TX||Services the following machine(s):|
|Phone: 936.569.1992||1. Xerox|
|Representative: Scott Waller|