The Graduation Department of the Office of the Registrar provides application toward graduation, maintains degree data for all students making application for graduation, produces diplomas and replacement diplomas and is a source of information regarding degrees which have been conferred.
- May 16, 2015
- August 15, 2015
- December 19, 2015
Applications for August 2015 Graduation
Applications for August 2015 graduation will be accepted from January 5, 2015 through March 2, 2015.
Go to our Forms page to select the Bachelor or Masters / Doctoral Mail-in Request for Graduation Audit or come to the Rusk Building Room 201 to apply.
While attending commencement exercises, students and their guests are expected to maintain decorum that is reasonable and befitting of a public event of special significance. Since commencement exercises are formal events, graduates are expected to abide by the university's policy on appropriate attire.
An academic commencement is a formal ceremony, where decorum and respect for the customs of academia enhances the experience for both graduates and their guests. Therefore, in accordance with hundreds of years of academic tradition, students, guests, and the platform party are asked to observe the following:
- Graduates and their family and guests must arrive as scheduled to attend the ceremony.
- Doors open and guest seating begins one hour prior to the start of the ceremony.
- All attendees must remain seated during the ceremony and to remain for the entire ceremony out of respect for all graduates.
- Cell phones and other electronic devices must be silenced.
- The possession or use of alcohol, noisemakers such as air horns, fireworks, balloons, flags, banners or illegal substances is strictly prohibited.
- Any graduate or guest who is excessively disruptive during the commencement ceremony will be excused from the venue.