Please download and print the Residence Life application materials below. Please turn in the Residence Life application to AC Nechele McClinton in Mays Hall, addressed to the Selection Committee. In addition to completing the Residence Life application, you must also complete the Human Resources (HR) Application.
If you have additional questions or concerns, please do not hesitate to contact the Selection Committee at mailto:email@example.com
Community Assistant (for Spring 2016)
Application links will be available on 9/24/15
Community Assistant Interest Meeting dates:
|September 29th :||Mays/Hall 10||7:30pm|
|September 29th:||North, South, and Todd||8:30pm|
|September 30th:||Lumberjack Lodge||7:30pm|
|September 30th:||North, South, and Todd||8:30pm|
|September 30th:||Hall 20||8:30pm|
|October 1st:||Lumberjack Village||7:00pm|
|October 6th:||University Woods||6:00pm|
Community Assistant Timeline
October 21st at 5:00 pm: Paper supplemental application due to AC Nechele McClinton in Mays Hall. Official online application due to Human Resources. (Sign up for an interview when you turn in your application in Mays Hall)
November 1st: Group Process (8am to 5pm) Human Services Building (You will be notified via your SFA email whether you are apart of the morning or afternoon group)
November 2nd-6th: Individual CA interviews conducted (Sign-up for a time in Mays Hall)
Design a Superhero door decoration and bring it to your interview.
December 18th at 5 pm: All New Hire paperwork (Offer Letter, HR and ASAP verification forms) must be turned in to AC Nechele McClinton in Mays Hall.
Desk Assistant (Spring 2016)
Application links will be available 9/24/15
Desk Assistant Timeline
October 21st at 5pm: Paper supplemental application due to AC Nechele McClinton in Mays Hall. Official online application due to Human Resources. (Sign up for an interview when you turn in your application in Mays Hall)
November 9th-13th: Individual DA interviews conducted (Sign-up for a time in Mays Hall)
December 18th at 5 pm: All New Hire paperwork (HR and ASAP verification forms) must be turned in to AC Nechele McClinton in Mays Hall
All New Hire paperwork (HR and ASAP verification forms) must be turned in to AC Nechele McClinton in Mays Hall. If you have any additional questions or concerns, please do not hesitate to contact the Selection Committee at mailto:firstname.lastname@example.org.
SUMMER STAFF NEEDED (Summer 2015)
Applications DUE April 22, 2015 to the Residence Life Department (1st floor of the Austin Building)
Parents Day Chair (for Spring/Fall 2015)
The Parents Day Chair is responsible for the planning and execution of Parents Day. Parents Day is an annual campus-wide event in which we invite families of SFA students to come enjoy a day of activities held throughout Nacogdoches.
- As chair, your job would be to work with different departments on campus and other businesses throughout Nacogdoches.
- The Parents Day Chair is a paid position with RHA.
- You will get your own desk in the RHA office and will be paid for 13 hours minimum wage.
- This job starts in the spring of 2015, continues through the summer and the beginning of the fall semester.
The Residence Hall Association is looking for someone who is professional, fun, punctual, detailed oriented, motivated, excited, and creative. You will have to complete the paper application as well as a presentation including a theme, logo, and T-shirt design for the upcoming Parents Day. The Residence Hall Executive Board is here to help with any questions you may have in regards to Parents Day. Revised applications will be posted soon.
Frequently Asked Questions
- Will I be notified if I am offered or denied the position?
- Yes, you will receive official notification via your jacks e-mail account stating whether you have been offered or denied the position.
- What if I have a hold on my account and cannot provide my transcript?
- Let the Residence Life selection committee know ahead of time by emailing email@example.com. An unofficial copy of your SFA transcript is acceptable.
- What do I wear to my interview and group process interview?
- Business attire is appropriate for the individual interview and business casual with closed-toed shoes is appropriate for group process portion of the interview . The group process will require moving around so please dress appropriately.
- What are the requirements for the position?
Community Assistant Applicants must have at least 30 course credit hours, lived on a college campus for two semesters, be in good academic and disciplinary standing with the university, and a minimum 2.3 SFA GPA to work in upperclassmen residence halls - a 2.7 SFA GPA to work in freshman facilities (the only exception to the SFA GPA is transfer students).
Desk Assistant applicants are required to have a housing assignment for the semester for which they are applying, a minimum of a 2.3 SFA GPA (the exception to the SFA GPA is transfer students and first semester students), and be in good academic and disciplinary standing with the university.
- What is the time commitment for the position?
Community Assistants work six hours per week at the desk for the residence hall to which they are assigned, duty on some weeknights and weekends as assigned by their supervisor, and throwing at least one program a month. CAs work an average of 20 hours per week. For more information, please refer to the job description located with the application.
Desk Assistants work as scheduled around their course schedule, but typically not to exceed 20 hours per week. For more information, please refer to the job description located with the application.
- How will I be contacted?
- All job related correspondence will be through your jacks e-mail account. Acceptance or decline of offers must come from your jacks e-mail account with the original offer included in the response.
- How many positions are available?
- The number of positions needing to be filled varies from semester to semester. There are approximately 127 Community Assistants on campus.
- Can I request a specific building?
- Community Assistants are hired by the Residence Life Department for the position, not for a particular residence hall. The department will place staff based upon the needs of the department.
- What forms of Identification will I need to bring for Human Resource verification?
- If you have a passport, that will verify you completely. If not, you'll need two official forms of identification such as your social security card and state driver's license, or your original birth certificate. For more information please refer to the Human Resources Website at http://www.uscis.gov/files/form/i-9.pdf.