Standard Operating Procedure - Cleaning Occupied Rooms
- Residence Life Operations is not to clean any occupied rooms.
- A HD or above, may request that operations clean an occupied room and a work order must be submitted by the requesting hall.
- The HD will have a representative present while the cleaning process is occurring in an occupied room. The occupant(s) of the room must also be present before any cleaning begins.
- Operations will only clean (in an occupied room) areas of the room that do not have personal belongings, such as bathrooms, or his/her side of the room, etc.
- Operations will not move any belongings for any reason during the cleaning of an occupied room. Only the occupant can move any of their belongings when cleaning is being done.
- Operations will take a picture of the room before cleaning to be attached to the work order.
- When the cleaning of an occupied room is complete, a hall staff member and operations will sign off on the work order.
- If occupant cannot be reached, the room will not be cleaned.
- It has also been agreed that students should be told in their assignment paperwork that if they move into an already occupied room, it will be accepted "as is" since our custodial staff do not clean occupied rooms during the year.