Reminder: University policy requires all students under 21 years of age and who have earned less than 60 hours to live on campus.
- Apply online, pay online - The best, most efficient, preferred way to apply to live on campus is through your mySFA account at https://mysfa-prod.sfasu.edu/cp/home/displaylogin. Simply log in and click the link for Residence Life Services located under myServices. With your online application and contract you will submit your one-time $100 residence hall deposit.
Receive an assignment - You will be eligible for an assignment after all of the following have been completed:
- You have been admitted to SFA
- You have completed the residence hall application and contract
- You have submitted your $100 residence hall deposit
- You have submitted your meningitis shot records to the Admissions Department (fax 936-468-3149)
- Your priority assignment date will be based upon the date the last of the above documents are received
- Assignment are April 1st for fall and January 3rd for spring
- Cancellation deadlines are June 1st for fall, December 20th for spring, and May 1st for summer
If you will not be attending, you can cancel your residence hall application online through Residence Life Services within mySFA. If you do not plan to live on campus, you must be eligible to live off campus and apply for an off-campus permit.
Steps to getting off-campus
- Submit an Off Campus Permit Request through Residence Life Services in mySFA. Print off and fill out the Off Campus Permit that is provided when you submit your request.
- Deliver all necessary documentation and permit application to the Residence Life Department for review.
- Applicants should not make arrangements to live off campus until the off campus permit has been approved and issued.
- The Residence Life Department will review the documentation associated with each exemption. Additional information and/or documentation may be required and all permit applications are subject to denial.
It is the responsibility of the student to follow-up on the status of his/her permit.
The Residence Life Department will add room and board charges on all applicants that do not have permits and do not meet the requirements to live off campus.
- See the Off Campus Permits page for additional information.
- Please see the Special Accommodations application and criteria page.