Manuscript Guidelines (Critical Titles)
Stephen F. Austin State University Press welcomes book proposals by both established and first-time writers. Great books are the lifeblood of any press, and Stephen F. Austin State University Press is dedicated to publishing well-written, well-researched books.
Before a proposal can be considered, Stephen F. Austin State University Press must have the following:
- A copy the author's curriculum vitae, including contact information, education, occupation, book publications (with publisher, publication date, and estimated unit sales), and journal and magazine articles.
- A summary of the proposed work, which includes the manuscript's length, content and theme, why people will want to read the work and how the work relates to existing scholarship (Limit to approximately 3 pages).
- A list of color and/or black-and-white photographs, line drawings, maps, charts, graphs, and any other graphic images that will accompany the manuscript.
- The names and addresses of three or more experts in the book's field of study who might be willing to review the manuscript and do so objectively.
- The primary audience and any secondary audience(s) for the book.
- Sections of the author's work that have been published previously and by whom.
- A table of contents with a brief summary of each chapter.
- One or two chapters that are representative of the work.
- Stephen F. Austin State University Press assumes this is an exclusive opportunity to review your work. If this is a multiple submission (presented to other publishers as well), please indicate in your cover letter.
- Upon receipt of your proposal, we will review it and respond quickly. If we find your project of interest, we will ask to see the completed manuscript. Once the manuscript has been received, we will respond with a publication decision in about three to six months.
- To ensure Stephen F. Austin State University Press maintains scholarly credibility, manuscripts submitted by the faculty of Stephen F. Austin State University will be refereed by experts in the field outside of the University.
- Project proposals should be directed to the "Acquisitions Editor" at
Stephen F. Austin State University Press
C/O The Department of English
College of Liberal and Applied Arts
Box 13007, SFA Station
Nacogdoches, Texas 75962.