On behalf of the Stephen F. Austin State University Spirit Program, it gives me great pleasure to welcome all new recruits. SFA provides spirit team members the opportunity to learn and prosper in their chosen team under the guidance of some of the most knowledgeable and successful coaches in the country. While the SFA Spirit Programs primary goal is to win a national championship, we also strive for success in the classroom and the Nacogdoches community.
As spirit teams, our primary focus is to support the SFA Athletic Department through performance/crowd involvement at athletic events. These performances should take priority to competing until all events are over and we have our season - NCA/NDA Collegiate Nationals.
We promise to do our best to provide you with the programs and services that will assist you in earning your degree and developing your mind and body to compete on the college level while doing so in an atmosphere of sportsmanship and compliance.
Spirit teams demands a serious commitment and it also requires long hours of dedication and perseverance. Such commitment is recognized and appreciated by the entire SFA community. We hope you will join the hundreds of spirit team members who, through the years, have enjoyed and enhanced the traditions of the SFA Spirit Program.
I wish you success and encourage you to take a deeper look at the SFA Spirit Program as your next home away from home.
Axe 'Em Jacks!
Coordinator of Spirit Programs
• The Stephen F. Austin State University Cheerleading and Dance Teams are dedicated to increasing the overall spirit of the campus community by performing and cheering at SFA sporting events, serving as ambassadors for the university, and being role models of leadership and scholarship.
• The mission of the Stephen F. Austin State University Cheerleading and Dance programs is to be acclaimed as premier cheer and dance organizations by setting the standards nationwide in scholarship, cheer and dance performance, sportsmanship, dedication, individual development, maturity and pride.
• As a member of the Stephen F. Austin State University Spirit Teams, each member is part of a rich tradition of school spirit and a legacy of champions.
• The SFA Spirit Program strives to support the athletic teams at SFA, encourage crowd participation, be positive role models, communicate and socialize with alumni and fans, and attract positive attention to the university. The Stephen F. Austin Spirit Teams are representatives of SFA and should display a positive and courteous manner at all times.
• Part of being the best means effective sideline dancing and crowd leadership! Performances and competition are only part of the commitment. Our priority is to support our athletic teams. Each squad member is required to attend all assigned athletic events, understand the role of the spirit group at these events, plus lead and entertain the crowd in order to support Stephen F. Austin as ambassadors.
• As Spirit Program team members, students can count on several things:
o Coach-to-athlete relationship
o Working with talented, self-motivated, goal-oriented athletes
o Guidance and support in achieving academic success
o Training in an organized, established and fair program where there is a strong emphasis on striving for excellence in all areas
o Hard work, friends and success
Are you interested in the SFA Spirit Teams?
If so, please fill out this Recruit Information Form
NCA/NDA Collegiate National Championship Stats:
1993 - Pom Squad
1994 - Pom Squad & Large Coed
1995 - Pom Squad
1996 - Pom Squad
1997 - Large Coed
1998 - Pom Squad
2000 - Large Coed (Grand National Champions)
2001 - Large Coed
2003 - Large Coed
2004 - Large Coed
2005 - Large Coed
2006 - Large Coed
2007 - Large Coed
2008 - Large Coed
2009 - Pom Squad & Small Coed
2010 - Large Coed
2011 - Small Coed & Large Coed
2012 - Jack Attack
2013 - Jack Attack
2015 - Jack Attack
2016 - Hip Hop Dance & All-Girl Cheer
PLEASE FILL OUT THE ALUMNI INFORMATION FORM HERE SO THAT WE CAN KEEP YOU INFORMED AND INVOLVED!!!
Visiting Spirit Teams Packet
If you are a visiting spirit team for the 2016 Football season, please find all procedures and information for your visit to Nacogdoches and SFA below.
Click HERE for Visiting Spirit Teams Packet
Please fill out last form, save and email to T.J. Maple at firstname.lastname@example.org one week prior to your trip to SFA.
The Office of Student Affairs Programs is committed to providing support for students with disabilities. If you are a student who needs an accommodation to attend or participate in one of our events or student organizations you are encouraged to stop by Room 325 in the Human Services Building to make your request. You may also call us at (936) 468-3004, TDD: (936) 468-1004.
If you have an accommodation request please see us as soon as possible, so we can make any arrangements necessary. Accommodations can only be arranged once a request has been submitted in writing to Disability Services. To the greatest extent possible, the Office of Student Affairs Programs shall observe confidentiality with respect to any request for accommodation.
Students who feel they have not been accommodated appropriately can appeal that decision utilizing the university appeals process.