President's Volunteer Service Award
All SFA students and student organizations are encouraged to participate in the President's Volunteer Service Award (PVSA) program. The PVSA recognizes U.S. citizens and lawfully admitted permanent residents of the United States who have achieved the required number of service hours over a 12-month period.
Every spring semester, students and organizations are recognized during the annual ODK Leadership and Service Awards Banquet for their committment to service. All students and organizations that submit service hours recieve a personalized certificate of achievement along with the official PVSA pin that coincides with their level of service hours.
Individual students that meet the deadline to submit service hours will be awarded based on the following levels of achievement.
- Bronze Level: 100 to 249 service hours
- Silver Level: 250 to 499 service hours
- Gold Level: 500 or more service hours
Student organizations that meet the deadline to submit service hours will be awarded based on the following levels of achievement.
- Bronze Level: 200 to 499 service hours
- Silver Level: 500 to 999 service hours
- Gold Level: 1,000 or more service hours
Reporting Your Hours
All individuals and student organizations submitting service hours must do so through Axes. Students should log into Axes through their mySFA account and follow the link under the myServices tab.
Students that are wishing to submit service hours and are unaffiliated with an active on-campus organization should join the SFA Service Hours page on Axes. To do so, visit https://sfasu.collegiatelink.net/organization/servicehourssubmission.
When reporting service hours, the following will be counted:
- On-campus organization activities (i.e. meetings, planning, working events, etc.)
- Travel time to and from the service activity
- Unpaid internships that are not for class credit
When reporting service hours, the following will not be counted:
- Time spent sleeping, eating or partying (even if on an extended trip)
- Activities for which you received financial compensation
- Hours you servied to fulfill court-ordered community service
For more details on reporting service hours click here.
Service hour submission forms are now located in the Student Affairs Programs office, BPSC 3.302. Students and organizations can also print a submission form by clicking on of the following links.
All forms, and Axes submissions, are due no later than 5 p.m. on Friday, March 8.
All service hours submissions for March 10, 2012 to November 30, 2012 must be entered in Axes no later than 5 p.m. on Monday, December 3, 2012.
All service hours submissions for December 1, 2012 to March 8, 2013 must be entered in Axes no later than 5 p.m. on Friday, March 8, 2013.
The 2013 ODK Leadership and Service Awards Banquet will take place on Monday, April 15, 2013.