President's Volunteer Service Award
All SFA students and student organizations are encouraged to participate in the President's Volunteer Service Award (PVSA) program. The PVSA recognizes U.S. citizens and lawfully admitted permanent residents of the United States who have achieved the required number of service hours over a 12-month period.
Every spring semester, students and organizations are recognized during the annual ODK Leadership and Service Awards for their commitment to service. All students and organizations that submit service hours receive a personalized certificate of achievement along with the official PVSA pin that coincides with their level of service hours.
Reporting Your Hours
We have changed the submission process this year to an easier process. We are no longer using Axes to tally service hours for the PVSA. Individuals and student organizations may submit hours via these forms as often as they want - multiple hours and activities can be reported at one time, or you may submit hours as they are completed.
Individuals reporting service hours should use this form.
Individuals are responsible for reporting their own service hours. Hours submitted for a student organizations will not count towards an individual's PVSA totals.
Student organizations reporting service hours should use this form.
When reporting service hours, the following will be counted:
- On-campus organization activities (i.e. meetings, planning, working events, etc.)
- Travel time to and from the service activity
- Unpaid internships that are not for class credit
When reporting service hours, the following will not be counted:
- Time spent sleeping, eating or partying (even if on an extended trip)
- Activities for which you received financial compensation
- Hours you served to fulfill court-ordered community service
Individual students that meet the deadline to submit service hours will be awarded based on the following levels of achievement.
- Bronze Level: 100 to 249 service hours
- Silver Level: 250 to 499 service hours
- Gold Level: 500 or more service hours
Student organizations that meet the deadline to submit service hours will be awarded based on the following levels of achievement.
- Bronze Level: 200 to 499 service hours
- Silver Level: 500 to 999 service hours
- Gold Level: 1,000 or more service hours
All service hours submissions for March 9, 2013 to November 27, 2013 must be submitted no later than 5 p.m. Wednesday, November 27.
All service hours submissions for November 28, 2013 to March 7, 2014 must be submitted no later than 5 p.m. Friday, March 7, 2014.
The 2014 ODK Leadership and Service Awards will take place on April 24, 2014. All students who meet the criteria listed below and submit their hours in a timely manner will be awarded their PVSA at the awards ceremony.