In order to better serve our students and university, the Department of Student Affairs are proud members, either by office or university affiliation, of the following national organizations:
- National Association for Campus Activities
- Corporation for National and Community Service
- Association of Fraternity and Sorority Advisors
- NASPA (Student Affairs Administrators in Higher Education)
- National Orientation Directors Association
- Texas Association of College and University Student Personnel Administrators
- American Association of Cheerleading Coaches and Advisors
- Nacogdoches County Chamber of Commerce
- Omicron Delta Kappa
In addition, we maintain a standing relationship with the following companies:
- National Cheerleading Association
- National Dance Alliance
- Outside the Classroom
- Campus Labs (formerly Student Voice)
The Department of Student Affairs seeks to become a national model for student engagement activities which focus on student learning and development, civic responsibility and entertainment.ACPA statement on Ethical Standards and Practices.
The Department of Student Affairs has identified a number of core values in which we espouse for the purpose of serving students, conducting ourselves in a professional manner, supporting the mission of our office and the university at large.
- A focus on lifelong learning and a desire to assisting students to assume responsibility for their own intellectual development.
- Incorporating an inclusive university that supports diversity.
- Conduct ourselves with a sense of ethical and personal responsibility.
- To implore a university that is civically engaged and takes responsibility for its social and community development.
- To develop a school spirit that is inclusive, positive and enthusiastic.
- To produce programs and services of the highest quality and eclipse standards accepted by the national status quo.
- To maintain a knowledge base of the changing culture of higher education and have the courage to innovate and adapt to a changing higher education environment.
- To develop programs with an understanding that student learning outcomes are paramount in their development and assessment.
- To understand we are stewards of a tremendous amount of trust and resources and our stewardship of these resources with a fiscal responsibility.
- The understanding we work on a university campus, with a unified mission, and our network should include collaborative programs with interested parties.
The Department of Student Affairs supports the mission of Stephen F. Austin State University with the development of programs and services geared toward enhancing student learning, involvement, retention and civic responsibility.
We will Accomplish this by:
- Initiative 1 - Providing a slate of programs and services designed to engage students in many phases of their development and interests. This includes entertainment programming, leadership development, social awareness, and global understanding.
- Initiative 2 - Supporting the culture and traditions of the university and promoting a healthy level of school spirit and pride.
- Initiative 3 - Contributing to a greater understanding of diversity by providing programs, services and events which highlight the diverse talents of our students, a greater understanding of our world and a development of collaborative programming.
- Initiative 4 - Educating our students on a myriad of topics focusing on leadership, personal responsibility, and risk management.
- Initiative 5 - Evaluating our progress through direct assessment of our students ability to aqquire, understand, and utilize knowledge to make transformative progress.
The Office of Student Affairs Programs is committed to providing support for students with disabilities. If you are a student who needs an accommodation to attend or participate in one of our events or student organizations you are encouraged to stop by Room 325 in the Human Services Building to make your request. You may also call us at (936) 468-3004, TDD: (936) 468-1004.
If you have an accommodation request please see us as soon as possible, so we can make any arrangements necessary. Accommodations can only be arranged once a request has been submitted in writing to Disability Services. To the greatest extent possible, the Office of Student Affairs Programs shall observe confidentiality with respect to any request for accommodation.
Students who feel they have not been accommodated appropriately can appeal that decision utilizing the university appeals process.