All sororities were built upon the same founding values:
- Academic Excellence
- Involvement and Leadership
- Community Service and Philanthropy
- Sisterhood and Friendship
The National Panhellenic Conference (NPC) is the national coordinating body of 26 member sororities. Locally, the Panhellenic Council is the governing body for the NPC sororities on a college campus. The Panhellenic Council coordinates Recruitment, provides programming and activities for sorority women, and works as a self-governing support system to the sororities on the SFA Campus. There are 5 NPC sororities at SFA. The decision to join one of these sororities means that an individual is interested in a college experience based upon the founding values of sorority life.
Some of the ways that you will see these values in action on our campus include:
- The sorority GPA's is consistently higher than the all-university GPA's.
- Sorority sponsored scholarships for academic achievement
- Study hall and academic tutoring sessions
- All-Greek honor societies.
- Leadership positions within the sororities and on all-Greek committees and councils.
- Sorority members holding campus-wide leadership positions.
- Community service events such as the canned food drive.
- Greek Week.
- Homecoming activities.
- Big Sis/Little Sis activities.
- All Greek Sisterhood events.
- Chapter retreats.
Fall 2014 Rho Gammas
Dr. Adam Peck, Dean of Student Affairs with 2014 Rho Gammas at Orientation Session 1.