Fall 2014 Recruitment Information
- Saturday, August 23rd: Meet the Greeks BBQ 4-6pm Ag Pond Come meet all of our IFC Chapters at SFA.
- Tuesday, August 26th: IFC Recruitment Welcome 4pm Movie Theater Men interested in participating in Recruitment are required to attend.
- Tuesday, August 26th: IFC Recruitment and Info Night 5pm Grand Ballroom Learn about each chapter's values, brotherhood, scholarship, campus involvement, and philanthropy.
- Friday, August 29th: IFC Lines 5pm HPE Gym
- Saturday, August 30th: IFC Steps 10am Coliseum
The North-American Interfraternity Conference (IFC) is composed of 64 member organizations nationally with over 5500 chapters on 800 campuses. At the Stephen F. Austin State University, 16 chapters are currently represented;
- Alpha Gamma Rho
- Alpha Tau Omega
- Delta Chi
- Delta Tau Delta
- Kappa Alpha Order
- Kappa Sigma
- Phi Delta Theta
- Phi Kappa Psi
- Pi Kappa Phi
- Sigma Alpha Epsilon
- Sigma Alpha Mu
- Sigma Chi
- Sigma Nu
- Sigma Tau Gamma
- Tau Kappa Epsilon
- Theta Chi
IFC interacts among its members and the campus through meetings, social outlets, and philanthropic events.
The first meeting of the IFC was conducted on November 27, 1909. Twenty-six fraternities met at this conference to discuss the issues facing fraternities at the time. However, it was not until 1910 that there was a formal organization.The mission of the IFC is to advocate the needs of its members through enrichment of the fraternity experience, advancement, and growth of the fraternity community, and enhancement of the educational mission of the host institutions. The IFC is also committed to enhancing the benefits of fraternity membership.
Our member fraternities have many different offerings and values to instill in these men. It is a testament to our fraternities and their impact on these young men that IFC has enjoyed revitalization in the last few years. Academic achievement has remained a focus of the fraternities. IFC continues to reach out to the community through various philanthropic events that help develop and instill values into the young men that become involved in our member organizations.