Let Summer Work for You
Sharpen your focus and bring your future closer by enrolling in one of our live-streamed courses or a fast-paced online course.
What's the difference?
Fully web-based classes are listed as “Online”, and the courses that are taking advantage of Zoom technology are listed as “Online/Livestream”.
Our expert professors are here to help you!
Did you know?
The math is clear: It takes "15 to Finish."
Taking 12 credits per semester puts you on a five-year plan for a bachelor’s degree. Because 12 hours is the minimum amount to be considered a full-time student, many Lumberjacks have the impression that it automatically puts them on track to graduate within four years.
In order to graduate within four years, you must take at least 15 credits per semester or 30 credits per year.
Use summer courses to catch up or get ahead!
- Build your perfect schedule. Make your summer work for you. Convenient online classes mean you can take the courses you need without having to alter your summer plans. While live-streamed classes have a set date and time, your schedule will still allow the flexibility you need.
- Catch up/move ahead. Do you still have core requirements you need to complete? Or are you behind in your field of study? SFA's summer session has you covered with the classes you need. Summer also is a great time to explore courses in a minor field of study you might be considering.
- Maximize your time away. Our online offerings allow you to earn college credits anywhere in the world with an internet connection.
- Improve your GPA. Knock out the most strenuous course in your degree program this summer. Smaller class sizes and concentrated instruction can help you mark this class off your “to do” list.
- Move closer to graduation.Taking courses during the summer can put you on the fast track to your degree and speed up the time to completion. The more quickly you complete your degree, the sooner you can begin to work and move up in your career.
Summer 2020 Registration
Earn free on-campus SFA summer housing
You could earn credit equal to the cost of summer housing applied to your fall housing costs. How? By staying on-campus at SFA this summer!
The deadline to apply for the Summer Housing Rebate is May 1.
Contact your advisor regarding any questions you have about attending SFA in the summer. To locate your advisor's contact information:
- Log in to mySFA.
- Select the "Advising" tab.
- Locate the "My Advisor" block.