Stephen F. Austin State University

Student Questions or Complaints

Student Complaints or Questions

Stephen F. Austin State University (SFA) is committed to fostering an educational environment that promotes the highest level of learning and personal development of its students. To support this commitment, SFA strives to ensure all students are treated equitably and in accordance with university policies. Should an instance arise in which a student believes that SFA has not acted in accordance with this stated goal, the student should first seek to resolve the issue informally with the respective individuals involved. If these informal procedures prove unsatisfactory, the student may file a formal complaint to seek resolution.

The Office of the Dean of Student Affairs can provide guidance to a student who believes that there is reason to make a complaint. The Dean of Student Affairs' office can assist students by helping them determine the nature of the complaint and/or the appropriate faculty or staff member or department to discuss/receive the initial complaint. If the informal process for resolving a complaint proves unsatisfactory, a formal complaint may be made. All official complaints must be made in writing.

Have a Complaint or Compliment? Tell Jack!

Students who decide to make a complaint may use Tell Jack. This program is designed for you to tell us about any concerns, complaint or compliments about your experience at SFA.

You can also use it to recognize those individuals or departments that have provided you with excellent customer service.

Have a Question and Don't Know Whom to Ask? Ask Jack!

College can be a confusing time. If you have questions and you don't know whom to ask, Ask Jack! If you would prefer to meet personally with the Dean of Student Affairs, call (936) 468-7249 to schedule an appointment or visit during the Dean's open office hours, Tuesdays and Fridays, 4pm-5pm.