Want to be an AARC Tutor?
You need to have a caring disposition and an A or B in the subject you want to tutor in. We usually hire at the end of the semester as needed for the upcoming semester.
- Review our programs to identify which program interests you
- Go to careers.sfasu.edu
- Use Search Postings to find the AARC
- If you have not used the system before, you will need to apply as a New Applicant
- If you have used the system before, you can sign-in with your SFA User Name and Password to apply
- Near the end of the application, be sure to check your special instructions
- For example, the Writing Student Assistant may need to submit a writing sample
- Follow up with the Program Director of the program you want by visiting the AARC in person
“The AARC has given me the opportunity to grow so much as a leader, a student and an individual…My position has allowed me to push myself, challenge my ideas and find new ways to teach.”
“It’s not just about being able to tutor someone about a subject. It’s about being able to mentor and inspire other students, and it’s the most rewarding feeling to see them excel and incorporate the things they learned during our sessions.”
“I have learned so much and gained so much confidence from working at the AARC. I can’t help but feel like a superhero every time I come to work.”
“I truly enjoy working with my coworkers and with my program director. It’s a wonderful thing to be able to go around campus and have people recognize you from helping them with a class. I take pride in working at the AARC.”