Which business major is for you?
The first 80 hours are the same for all Rusche College of Business majors, which means you may have two or three years to decide. If you're unsure which major is the best fit for you, go with what interests you the most, and remember, you have time if you change your mind. Explore different career options.
All students should declare a major by the time they have earned 45 credit hours. Students with a declared major belong to a department, have a faculty advisor, and have a student organization dedicated to the department or major.
Changing your major or minor
Your degree plan is defined in the student registration system by your major. To declare your major, change your major, or add or drop a minor, submit your request online or visit our office in person.
If you have any questions regarding your plan of study, staff members in the Office of Student Services are here to advise and guide you through the academic experience. You should look at your degree audit/evaluations (see instructions below) to verify that your college credit has been properly recorded, including any dual credit, advanced placement credit or transfer work. Report any discrepancies to the Office of Student Services either in person or by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org. Include your name and student identification number along with a thorough description of the problem.
Running your student degree evaluation
- In mySFA, navigate to the "Advising" tab and select the “Degree Evaluation (CAPP)” link in the "Educational Planning" section.
- Select the current term and click "Submit".
- Your curriculum information will display. Click on the "Generate New Evaluation" link to view your current program’s degree audit.
- Click on the circle next to your current program and then select "Generate Request".
- Your unofficial degree audit information will be displayed.
- A REG (registered) in the “Courses Not Used” section “Source” column indicates that you are registered in a course that is not in your plan of study.