The Axe-celerated Admission program is an opportunity to recognize standout senior Lumberjacks and recruit them for admission into SFA’s graduate school.
Established in 2020, the program allows faculty members to nominate high-achieving undergraduate students for VIP admission to a graduate program of their choice at SFA. Nomination is the highest form of recommendation.
Benefits of the program include:
- early admission
- early registration
- waiver of proof of degree
- and reduction of three required letters of recommendation to just one, written by the nominating faculty member.
Nominations will be accepted each spring semester. The nominating window for all summer 2022 terms and fall 2022 will open Feb. 1 and close March 1. As of now, there is no limit to the number of students faculty members may nominate.
International students are eligible for the program. Those nominated should contact the Office of International Programs to inform them of their selection and also ensure that they’ve completed their visa process.
The nomination and selection process is as follows:
- Faculty members, department chairs and deans submit their nominations forms of high-performing seniors from their respective college to the dean of the Office of Research and Graduate Studies.
- The ORGS dean sends nominated seniors a formal, VIP invitation to apply to SFA’s graduate school. The student must apply to the term to which they were nominated.
- After applying, admitted students will receive a congratulatory admission letter informing them of their VIP admission and access to early registration.