The Office of Student Services in the Rusche College of Business provides a range of assistance to guide students from admission to graduation. From admission, to graduation, to career success, some of the formal services we offer include:
- advising for undecided business majors
- advising for first-time transfer students
- advising for probation and suspension students
- major and minor changes
- evaluation of transfer courses
- assistance with registration issues
- Career Success Passport administration
- and Graduway and mentoring administration.
Students also may find help locating campus resources, building efficient study habits and creating four-year graduation plans. In the Rusche College of Business, all student questions are welcomed and if we cannot answer them, we will find out who can.
Finding your advisor
To find your advisor or to make an appointment, follow the steps below:
- Log into mySFA.
- Click on "Advising" in the menu.
- In the "My Advisor" portal, go to your assigned advisor.
- Click on "Schedule an appointment with your advisor".
For additional assistance, call 936.468.4654, or visit Suite 392 of the McGee Business Building.
A message from the assistant dean
Welcome to the Office of Student Services in the Rusche College of Business. Our mission is to provide support and service to promote your academic and career success. Our door is always open, and the advising team is here to answer or help find answers to your questions.
Student services is the place to get advised if you are undecided on which business major you would like to complete. Advisors evaluate your college credit, including transfer credit, and work with you to ensure you are on the right path to graduation.
If you have any questions, stop by our offices in the McGee Business Building, Suite 392. We are looking forward to working with you!
Dr. Laurie Rogers
Assistant Dean for Academic and Career Success