Equipping students with knowledge and experience to launch their careers with confidence, the Rusche College of Business Career Success Passport is a professional development and career readiness program.
All College of Business majors are required to participate and should enroll in BUSI 1000 "Career Success Passport" each semester.
How it works
The Career Success Passport program is a formalized, structured, four-year plan designed for:
- business skill and knowledge development outside the classroom
- leadership development and personal branding
- and career launch.
Using SFA’s online course management system, Brightspace by D2L, you'll construct a personal portfolio of activities each academic year that will demonstrate your knowledge and skill readiness and help you launch your career when you graduate from SFA.
The program features activities that progress in difficulty and complexity during your time in the College of Business. Participation begins in your first term and continues until you graduate.
Completion of the mandated passport points as listed in the passport syllabus is a College of Business curricular requirement. Your successful graduation depends on your completion of this requirement.
Passport orientation and portal
On the first day of class during the fall term, log in to your Brightspace by D2L account and find "Career Success Passport" in your course list. This course module will be your passport portal. You'll receive information regarding the Career Success Passport Orientation, including details of the program and how to navigate the passport portal to start earning points toward a scholarship.
The Career Success Passport program provides opportunities to earn scholarships, when available. To earn a Career Success Passport scholarship, you must:
- be pursuing a degree in the College of Business
- be one of the designated top participants in your classification based on points you earn in a full semester
- accumulate significantly more points than the course minimum
- come highly recommended by your department chair and peers
- and be in good academic standing (minimum cumulative 2.0 GPA) at the time of the award disbursement.
For certain students, the earning of this award may impact other scholarships or awards granted. The career success specialist will discuss possible implications for your total award package during passport orientation.
Participating in Career Success Passport benefits you in many ways, including:
- preparing you for your future career
- offering you fun and interesting program events that help you build your résumé
- creating one-on-one networking opportunities with prominent SFA alumni, business leaders, chief executive officers and distinguished guests
- helping you develop critical thinking and problem-solving skills
- facilitating your personal and career development
- increasing your business knowledge and skills
- and providing you with an opportunity to receive scholarship money.
Program learning outcomes
The program learning outcomes align with the career readiness and professional development plans and strategies of various entities, including: