The Health Services clinic is staffed by licensed medical providers, nurses, and laboratory and administrative personnel. We offer medical care similar to what you would receive from your family physician. Most services are provided at no charge to the patient. Exceptions are indicated with a ($).
- Tetanus/Diphtheria/Pertussis (Tdap booster) $50
- Meningitis A (By law, all students are required to have this vaccine at least 10 days prior to enrollment.) $150
- Flu (Influenza) $25
- TB (Tuberculosis) skin testing $20
TB skin testing is offered year-round for any currently enrolled student. You must be able to return to the clinic for the test to be read by a nurse within 48 to 72 hours after receiving the antigen. For this reason, we can only administer the skin tests on Mondays, Tuesdays, or Fridays. If you do not return to the Health Services clinic within this period of time, it will be necessary to repeat the test after a period of at least one month has elapsed. A $20 charge will be assessed for each test given.
- QuantiFERON Gold TB (blood test) $70
Results take 7-10 business days.
- UDS (Urine Drug Screen) $22
- Titers - Hepatitis B - $41 Varicella - $45 MMR - $54
Do you want your immunizations records stored in one place? ImmTrac2 is a voluntary immunization registry service provided by the Texas Department of State Health Services. By utilizing this service you can safely and confidentially store your immunizations in one location.
- Treatment for minor injuries
- Wound care / dressing changes (including MRSA infections)
- Minor surgery / duturing and suture removal
- Urinary Tract Infections (UTI) screening and treatment
- Diagnosis and management of Sexually Transmitted Diseases (STD)
- Examination, diagnosis and treatment for other medical illnesses
Mental Health Concerns
Health Services consults with SFA Counseling Services and/or other providers to treat patients with mental health concerns.
- Routine gynecological services (These services require more time than most appointments; therefore, they are scheduled weeks in advance.)
- Pap smear to screen for cervical cancer
- Contraceptive counseling
- Breast cancer exams
- Menstrual or PMS concerns
- Urgent gynecological health concerns, including:
- Pelvic or vaginal pain
- Vaginitis, such as yeast or bacterial vaginosis (BV)
- Pregnancy or STD testing
All vials and instructions must be provided by your allergist/physician. Our clinical staff are required to review orders prior to scheduling allergy injections. All allergy injections will be scheduled on Fridays from 2 p.m. until 4 p.m. NO ALLERGEN VIALS CAN BE SENT TO THE HEALTH CLINIC BY MAIL.
Tests ordered by in-house practitioners are provided at no or minimal cost to patients. All patients are responsible for costs not covered by health insurance. Testing ordered by medical practitioners outside the Health Services clinic can be performed at a nominal cost.
After an appropriate medical evaluation, patients may receive a prescription from a provider. Prescription items may be purchased at any local pharmacy. Prices on medicines vary among pharmacies.
Services NOT Offered
- Pharmacy (filling of prescriptions)
- Eye Exams, Glasses or Contacts
- Dental Services
- Physical Therapy
- Some Medical Specialties
The Health Services clinic does not provide prenatal care. Students who are pregnant must be under a specialist’s care.
- Work-related Injuries / Workman’s Compensation
SFA employees, student assistants and other university assistants who are injured while working at the university must report to their immediate supervisor for instructions regarding treatment. All work-related injuries must be reported to Human Resources immediately.
- Automobile Accidents
Students who sustain injuries as a result of an automobile accident must receive initial evaluation and treatment by an off-campus medical facility.