In conjunction with the revision to Policy 11.27 Telecommuting Arrangements for Staff Employees in July 2020, the Staff Telecommuting Request and Agreement Form is moving from a paper form to an electronic document accessible in mySFA under the Employee tab in the Employee Info section.
This new process allows for:
- the employee (or their supervisor on their behalf) to submit the request;
- the ability to request telecommuting as a workplace accommodation under the Americans with Disabilities Act, as amended (ADAAA) (Policy 11.22 Reasonable Workplace Accommodations for Disabilities);
- references and links to relevant policies and forms (Policy 17.14 Property Inventory and Management, Removal of Property from Campus Request form) to be embedded in the form and email communication;
- electronic routing through the approval workflow;
- email communication to the employee as their request is submitted and moves through the approval workflow; and
- the employee to see the submitted request status, resubmit a disapproved request, and amend an approved request.
Review the manager's telecommuting guide if you have staff reporting to you. Faculty will continue to coordinate requests to telecommute with their department chair/dean per Guidelines for Faculty, Updated for Fall 2020 document dated September 3, 2020. (Faculty with staff reporting to them will be able to approve and submit forms on behalf of their staff.)
Note: Staff needing to work remotely for 5 consecutive days or less may get verbal or written approval from their supervisor to do so without having to complete the telecommuting request.
This is a positive step in our process automation efforts and we want to thank Rich Barnhart in ITS for partnering with the Human Resources team. We see this process as a model for automating other manually routed forms going forward.
Coronavirus/COVID-19 Information for Employees
See the COVID-19 Info webpage for the latest information including FAQs.