Stephen F. Austin State University

Student Organizations

Organization Registration

Returning Organization Registration

Fall is here and the Office of Student Engagement is ready for our student organizations to bring energy back to campus for a new year!

You will need to know the contact and student ID information for (4) officers and your campus adviser. Please collect that information before completing the registration.


DUE: January 21, 2022

Creating a NEW Student Organization? Contact for more information


Four (4) officers from each student organization are required to attend this mandatory training. Student organization leaders must attend to maintain their registered status.

*If you are a new student organization or have new officers, you will need to attend a Spring BASIC Training.


Are available in-person or through zoom by appointment. Please contact to make arrangements.

SORF Certification: Any officer wanting to use SORF must complete the SORF Certification prior to checking out the credit card.


Other Information

Want to raise money by working the concession stands at games?

Contact Chartwells contact at

We have over 200 Student Organizations!

Contact the Student Engagement to learn more about all the organizations!

Email for questions or to schedule a one on one meeting to help determine which of our 200+ organizations are right for you!

Required Forms

Document Details 1636

GROUNDS FORM/Notification Form (ON CAMPUS): The above document is the SFA Event Notification Form. Please complete this form and return to the Office of Student Engagement for approval for sound, food or fundraising approval. If you are just tabling or sharing information about your organization you do not have to complete a grounds form.

File size: 1191.85 KB

Updated: Wednesday, October 02, 2019

Fundraising Form

FUNDRAISING FORM: This form is required for all student organizations hosting events where donations or monies are collected/donated.

File size: 1191.21 KB

Updated: Thursday, August 24, 2017

Student Organization Resource Center (SORC)

Student Organization Resource Center (SORC) is located on the 3rd floor of the Baker Pattillo Student Center. Student Organizations are able to access the following resources during regular business hours or by appointment.

Contact Student Engagement Programs at or (936)468-3703 for questions.

Resources Available:

- Printing (Limited to organization needs, no personal printing available)

- Button Making Machine and Supplies

- Computer Lounge

- General supplies (Including but not limited to paper cutter, butcher paper, markers, paint, etc)

- Organization storage, including reserved lockers

- Event supplies (based on availability)

Funding Resources:

Registered Student Organizations may apply for Student Organization Resource Funding (SORF). Organizations must be a Level 2 or a non-probation organization to be eligible for funding. This requires the group to be active for more than 12months and to register with the Office of Student Engagement each semester.

SORF funding is allocated at the beginning of each Fall semester and is re-allocated based on need in the Spring semester.

Please contact Student Engagement Programs at or (936)468-3703 for questions.

Starting a New Organization

Students can create an organization during the Fall or Spring semesters using our Organization Formation Packet.

*Pick up a packet in BPSC 3.301

The basic requirements to start an organization:

- (4) Full time students

- (1) Full time faculty/staff person as an adviser

- Constitution (example included in packet)

- Completed Organization Formation Packet


Basic Training is held in the Fall semester for all student organizations. There are NO spring requirements unless you are a NEW student organization or a newly appointed officer who did not attend in the Fall semester.

If you are a newly formed student organization you will have to attend a BASIC training which will be scheduled by the Office of Student Engagement.

If you have questions about policy details contact the Office of Student Engagement at or (936)468-3703.

(4) Officers must attend ONE of the following meetings.
- Not all (4) have to attend the same meeting.
- If you have a class conflict email

Unrecognized Organizations

We would like to advise all students and parents/guardians that there are groups that are not recognized by the Greek Life Office, Stephen F. Austin State University, or the national office/organization they display the letters of. For your own well-being, we strongly discourage you from attending events and from affiliating yourself with these organizations.

What does it mean to be an inactive chapter?

Inactive status means that a chapter is not currently on campus due to reasons such as low membership numbers, low campus interest, or the chapter chose to leave on their own.

Inactive Chapters

Sigma Alpha Epsilon Fraternity

Sigma Iota Alpha Sorority

Phi Beta Sigma Fraternity, Inc.

Iota Phi Theta Fraternity, Inc.

Sigma Gamma Rho Sorority, Inc.

What does it mean to be a suspended chapter?

Suspended status means that the chapter is not permitted to be an active organization on campus; whether that is mandated by the University or the organization's Inter/National Headquarters. In most cases, there is a significant reason for the suspension, and there is a certain date when they will be reactivated as a student organization.

Suspended Chapters

Delta Chi Fraternity

What does it mean to be a sanctioned organization?

If a student organization has been alleged to have violated the Student Code of Conduct Policy the Office of Student Engagement will conduct an investigation.

The following groups have been investigated by the Office of Student Engagement for risk management or hazing violations which resulted in sanctions but not suspension.

Sanctioned Organizations

Alpha Phi Omega- Nu Sigma Chapter

Students With Disabilities

The Office of Student Affairs Programs is committed to providing support for students with disabilities. If you are a student who needs an accommodation to attend or participate in one of our events or student organizations you are encouraged to stop by Room 325 in the Human Services Building to make your request. You may also call us at (936) 468-6401, TDD: (936) 468-1004.

If you have an accommodation request please see us as soon as possible, so we can make any arrangements necessary. Accommodations can only be arranged once a request has been submitted in writing to Disability Services. To the greatest extent possible, the Office of Student Affairs Programs shall observe confidentiality with respect to any request for accommodation.

Students who feel they have not been accommodated appropriately can appeal that decision utilizing the university appeals process.