Stephen F. Austin State University



AXEperience preserves and promotes spirit and traditions throughout the Lumberjack community.

Core Values

We strive to be the main facilitators of Lumberjack Spirit by showing respect through sportsmanlike behavior, demonstrating responsible actions while representing any aspect of the University, and caring for the SFA name and its traditions, all while maintaining the highest level of integrity and remaining united by Purple Pride.


Frequently Asked Questions

How can I purchase a PHA member T-shirt?

You cannot purchase a Purple Haze Association T-shirt, however there are two ways to receive a shirt:

  • Become a PHA member and attend sporting events to earn points. When you earn enough points, you will receive the incentive.
  • New students attending summer orientation receive a Purple Haze T-shirt with the SFASU school song printed on the back.
Do I have to pay for Membership?
No, Purple Haze Association is a free university-sponsored organization. You become a member of the Purple Haze Association after receiving your Purple Haze shirt during orientation.
Where do I sit if I want to participate in the Purple Haze section?
At football games, students sit behind the large metal sign on the visiting team's side. In William R. Johnson Coliseum, the Purple Haze section is 106.
Is there a Purple Haze student section at away games?

Generally speaking the answer is no, but there are times we will travel.

Certain games throughout the year Purple Haze Association will try and travel to away games and we will let you know where we are sitting.

Are there leadership opportunities within PHA?
Yes. You can become a leader within the Purple Haze Association to receive incentives. After being a leader in the organization for longer than six months, you can apply to be a Student Director. Please visit our office for more information, or email us.
How do I learn more about Purple Haze Assoiciation?

Follow us on:

  • Twitter (@SFAPurpleHaze)
  • Facebook (
  • Instagram (Purplehaze_SFA)
  • Email us (

Students With Disabilities

The Office of Student Affairs Programs is committed to providing support for students with disabilities. If you are a student who needs an accommodation to attend or participate in one of our events or student organizations you are encouraged to stop by Room 325 in the Human Services Building to make your request. You may also call us at (936) 468-6401, TDD: (936) 468-1004.

If you have an accommodation request please see us as soon as possible, so we can make any arrangements necessary. Accommodations can only be arranged once a request has been submitted in writing to Disability Services. To the greatest extent possible, the Office of Student Affairs Programs shall observe confidentiality with respect to any request for accommodation.

Students who feel they have not been accommodated appropriately can appeal that decision utilizing the university appeals process.