STEM careers start here
Lumberjacks make great mathematicians. And nurses. And geologists. And engineers. And chemists, veterinarians, dentists and teachers.
At SFA, we take science, technology, engineering and mathematics (STEM) seriously. And as a student in the College of Sciences and Mathematics, you’ll have access to world-class facilities and labs, hands-on learning, research opportunities and challenging, engaging courses.
A Message from the Dean, Kimberly M. Childs
The College of Sciences and Mathematics is currently engaged in a broad-based STEM initiative that is critical to the security and well-being of our nation, as we are challenged to recruit and graduate majors who are prepared to enter STEM careers. Across all departments within the college, students learn from exceptional faculty who are committed to excellence in teaching, research and service.
SFA’s College of Sciences and Mathematics provides high-quality undergraduate and graduate programs in a nurturing environment that prepare students for leadership and performance as STEM professionals. Through high-leverage programs, unique undergraduate research experiences and exciting internship opportunities, the college strives to empower the next generation of STEM professionals to lead and serve in a changing world.
Welcome to the College of Sciences and Mathematics!
Dr. Kimberly M. Childs
Dean, College of Sciences and Mathematics
Schools and Departments
- Department of Biology
- Department of Chemistry and Biochemistry
- Department of Computer Science
- Department of Geology
- Department of Mathematics and Statistics
- Department of Physics, Engineering and Astronomy
- Richard and Lucille DeWitt School of Nursing
STEM Research and Learning Center
With a focus on interdisciplinary research, the STEM Research and Learning Center is committed to increasing STEM awareness and public perception, facilitating innovation in STEM university education and empowering STEM teachers and leaders to transform their districts from within.
Stephen F. Austin State University is accredited by the Commission on Colleges of the Southern Association of Schools and Colleges to award baccalaureate, master’s and doctoral degrees.
Programs and areas of study with additional accreditations include:
- Bachelor's in Biology
- Master's in Biology
- Master's in Biotechnology
- Bachelor's in Biochemistry
- Bachelor's in Chemistry
- Bachelor's in Computer Science
- Bachelor's in Computer Information Systems
- Bachelor's in Information Technology
- Master's in Cyber Security
- Bachelor's in Geology
- Master's in Geology
- Bachelor's in Mathematics
- Master's in Mathematical Sciences
- Master's in School Mathematics Teaching
- Bachelor's in Nursing
- Master's in Nursing – Family Nurse Practitioner
- Bachelor's in Physics
- Bachelor's in Engineering Physics