Stephen F. Austin State University


Bedding fire at SFA residence hall

February 4, 2011
A small fire was extinguished in a residence room on the second floor of Steen Hall during the early morning hours. There were no serious injuries. The fire broke out when a lamp fell on a bed and ignited the bedding. Students were evacuated across the street to the East College Cafeteria. Although the fire was small and extinguished quickly, there is water damage to the first and second floors. Cleanup is underway. Students on the undamaged floors have been allowed to move back to their rooms. Students who reside on the damaged floors were relocated to other rooms. For more information, contact SFA Public Affairs at (936) 468-2605.

By Office of Public Affairs
University Marketing Communications
(936) 468-2605