Welcome to the Student Services & Advising Center
The James I. Perkins College of Education, Student Services and Advising Center has 6 full-time specialized Student Success Advisors. These advisors meet with SFA students every semester until they graduate; keeping them on track with their degree plans, establishing tentative coursework schedules, providing academic counseling and leading students towards positivity and success utilizing available campus resources.
- Tentative Degree Plans - to be filed after 45 hours
- Final Degree Plans - to be filed two semesters prior to graduation
- Petitions or changes to degree plans
- Change of Majors/Minors
- Filing for Graduation
- Course Substitutions
Student Services and Advising
- Feedback across campus!
- Student Success! Paul and Jonus, some Student Assistants, keeping the office running efficiently!
- Advisors and Office Staff The Student Services & Advising Center Team!
- Student Assistant Employees Joy and Paul: Two of the Student Assistants who help run and maintain the Student Services & Advising Center.
- COE Student Assistant: Paul Paul, one of our hard-working Student Assistants!
- COE Student Assistant: Shaye Shaye, one of our hard-working Student Assistants!
- COE Student Assistant: Jonus Jonus, one of our hard-working Student Assistants!
- COE Student Assistant: Joy Joy, one of our hard-working Student Assistants!
- Waiting Area The Student Services and Advising Center is proud of a clean spacious waiting area which is always stocked with magazines and informational brochures to help pass the time.
- Office Front Desk The front desk of the Student Services and Advising Office is maintained by hard working Student Assistant Staff, and assisted by other full time office staff.
- The James I. Perkins College of Education Photograph of the James I. Perkins College of Education.
- Spirit Week 2013 Banner made in honor of the 2013 SFA Spirit Week events. Created by the Student Assistant employees within the Student Services and Advising offices.
- Counselor Camp 2014 Some of the High School Counselors who participated in the 2014 Counselor Camp
- Counselor Camp 2014 Ms. Stone (Director) and Ms. Cole (Academic Advisor) presenting to Texas High School Counselors at the 2014 Counselor Camp.
- TEXAAN 2014 Conference Brandy, Julie & Stephanie at the 2014 TEXAAN Conference in Waco, TX.