The Nacogdoches Railroad Depot will be closed for the winter holidays, starting Monday, December 18, 2012 and lasting until Thursday, January 10, 2013.
November 30 from 11am - 7pm
December 1 / 8 from 10am - 5pm
December 2 / 9 from 1pm - 5pm
December 7 / 14 from 11am - 6pm
The Center for Regional Heritage Research, the Pineywoods Foundation, and the Friends of Historic Nacogdoches, Inc. present an exhibit highlighting the history and impact of the railroads on Nacogdoches County. The railroads featured are the Houston, East and West Texas, the Texas and New Orleans, the Nacogdoches and Southeastern, and the Angelina and Neches River Railroad.
*taken from the flyer
The opening of the event will be taking place on November 16, at 6:30pm at the Historic Nacogdoches Train Depot. The exhibit itself will run November 16, 2012 through January 25, 2013. All are welcome to attend!
To download a copy of the below flyer, click here.
We deeply apologize for the delay, but here we have the complete video from the Phil Cross discussion at the Historic Nacogdoches Train Depot on October 8, 2012
Thursday, November 8, 2012
6:00 p.m. to 8:00 p.m.
Appetizers will be served!
George L. Crocket, 1901
The Stone Fort Museum will host an opening reception for the exhibit, George Louis Crocket: Out of the Ordinary, on November 8th from 6 p.m. to 8p.m. The newly installed exhibit examines the life and times of Dr. George Crocket. Born in the mid-nineteenth century, Crocket's life spans a period of great changes in East Texas. The exhibit highlights not only the impact of his leadership on the development of Nacogdoches and San Augustine, but also invites the visitor to share in Crocket's experiences through hands-on activities, including two period typewriters.
The evening reception will include a short presentation by Friends of Historic Nacogdoches, Inc (FoHNI) regarding the groups' plans to commission a life-size statue of Dr. Crocket. The proposed bronze statue will become part of the Nacogdoches 'statue walk' that now includes Antonio Gil Y'Barbo, Chief Bowl & Sam Houston, the Country Doctor and Thomas J. Rusk.
As a cleric, historian, mentor and artist, Crocket forged strong ties within both the Nacogdoches and San Augustine communities. The exhibit displays Crocket's drawings, writing, and research that formed his legacy - one that reminds us to find the meaning of daily life out of the ordinary.
For questions, please contact the Museum at 936.468.2408 or by email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
To view the flyer for the event, click here.
As they say, the writers for our Local Voices columns were 'quick on the drawl', pumping out three new articles ready to go for November!
Jefferson's Union Mission Baptist Church - By Jeff Campbell
East Texans are pretty quick on the drawl - By Van Craddock
The Robber John Murrell and his Famous Hideouts - By Rickey Robertson
The UP 150 Express tour, featuring the Living Legend, no. 844 steam locomotive, passed through the Historic Nacogdoches Train Depot on October 25, 2012 at around 2:00pm. Directly from the UP 150 Express Tour website, "The engine has run hundreds of thousands of miles as Union Pacific's ambassador of goodwill. It has made appearances at Expo '74 in Spokane, the 1981 opening of the California State Railroad Museum in Sacramento, the 1984 World's Fair in New Orleans and the 50th Anniversary Celebration of Los Angeles Union Station in 1989. During the 1990s, No. 844 pulled numerous Denver Post Cheyenne Frontier Days special trains and visited several Oklahoma cities during the Oklahoma Centennial in 2007. In 2010, No. 844 traveled to Harlingen, Texas, and Milliken, Colo., to be a part of heritage celebrations in those communities. It also traveled to Arizona and New Mexico for the states' centennial celebrations in 2011."
This is the last steam locomotive built by the Union Pacific Railroad, delivered in 1944.
To watch the video of this historic train passing through the Nacogdoches Train Depot, view the link below!
* Information and quote from: http://www.uprr.com/newsinfo/releases/up150/2012/1022_houston.shtml
Today we welcome Mr. Jeff Campbell to our ever growing list of Local Voices writers! Jeff Campbell is the Tourism Director for Jefferson, Texas. Jeff is a graduate from the Northwestern State University Heritage Resources program and a current Graduate student at the University of Alabama. He is an avid Historic Preservationist and Mountain Biker.
To read Mr. Campbell's articles, head over to the Local Voices section of the website!
*From Sunday, October 21, 2012 edition of The Daily Sentinel, Nacogdoches, TX.
Here we have Mr. Marvin Mayer's latest Local Voices article for October!
Clucking Heard 'Round the City - Part 1 - The Gauntlet is Thrown Down
Click here for more!
Below is a copy of the presentation showed at the Phil Cross Caddo Discussion at the Historic Nacogdoches Train Depot on October 8.
To download the powerpoint, click here.
- Slide 1
- Slide 2
- Slide 3
- Slide 4
- Slide 5
- Slide 6
- Slide 7
- Slide 8
- Slide 9
- Slide 10
- Slide 11
- Slide 12
- Slide 13
- Slide 14
- Slide 15
- Slide 16
- Slide 17
- Slide 18
- Slide 19
- Slide 20
At the historic Nacogdoches Depot:
Blood on the Tracks: Train Wrecks, Derailments, and Collisions
From October 16 - November 16
A brief look into the types of accidents that could occur on a railroad, their impact, and the response of the railway companies in reducing the number of deaths.
- A collection of bows and arrows, all of which were hand made by Mr. Phil Cross himself
- Patrons awaiting the beginning of the discussion by Mr. Phil Cross at the Historic Nacogdoches Train Depot
- A collection of hand made bows by Mr. Phil Cross
- Dr. Jerry Williams of Stephen F. Austin State University opening for Mr. Phil Cross
- Mr. Phil Cross at the beginning of his discussion
- Mr. Phil Cross displays his US Tribal ID card, which portrays himself as a member of the Caddo Nation
- Mr. Phil Cross
- Mr. Phil Cross explains the Caddo population from 1700-1780
- Mr. Phil Cross demonstrating a bow
- Mr. Phil Cross demonstrating a bow
- Mr. Phil Cross demonstrating a bow
- A collection of Caddo bows and a single arrow
The Hoya building at 116 S. Pecan in downtown Nacogdoches is currently being restored. To document the process, CRHR staff will be stopping by 2-3 times a week to take a series of photographs as the restoration proceeds. These photos will be loaded into a slide show showing the progress of the work over time. Full restoration is expected to take one year. Currently the structure is being stabilized and decorative brickwork is being restored. Check back periodically to see what changes have taken place as work continues on this historic structure.
Read more about the Hoya building in the City of Nacogdoches Historic Site Survey at http://www.sfasu.edu/heritagecenter/1174.asp
To view the project, click here.
We have three new Local Voices articles fresh off the presses and ready for all to read!
Mr. Rickey Robertson, conveying the stories told from the Louisiana Manuevers.
To read the full story, click here!
Ms. Elaine Bay, describing the life within the Waskon school.
To read the full story, click here!
Mr. Kevin Ladd, discussing the local newspaper from Anahuac.
To read the full story, click here!
Anthropologist Rolonda Teal, co-founder of the cultural heritage organization Cultural Lore, successfully nominated Los Adaes State Historic Site to the National Underground Railroad Network to Freedom Program (NURNF) in July 2012.
To read more, make sure to read her Local Voices article.
For more, check out the Local Voices section of the website.
Make sure to read our other Local Voices articles!
We value your input!
The Center for Regional Heritage Research wants to know what you think about our events and research! Please take a few minutes to fill out the two surveys we have posted (on the right hand side of the website, as well as on our Facebook and Twitter). The results of these surveys will help us better design our public events and make sure our research is relevant to you!
Thank you in advance for your participation!
Monday, October 8th at 6:30PM at the Historic Nacogdoches Depot: Mr. Phil Cross will speak on "A Discussion on Caddo Indian Settlement and Conditions from European Contact through Modern Time"
Mr. Cross will discuss the Caddo Indian's location at the time of Hernando De Soto's first expedition into the ArkLaTex region in 1542 and the tribe's movement through modern times. Cross will speak to the tribe's subsequent relations with various emerging empires and the chaotic and challenging circumstances of the Caddo tribe as it lost its homelands, was demonized, and forced to move from area to area as it attempted to settle under constant threats from state and local militias and local citizenry. Cross will also present information about the tribe's reservation in west Texas and then its relocation to Oklahoma and its current situation.
The Carthage Music Club celebrates its 75 th Anniversary September 30, 2012. Everyone is invited to join in the celebration at 2:00 PM, Sunday at the Texas Country Music Hall of Fame on Panola Street in Carthage.
Charles Reid will perform. He is a great tenor and has performed at the Metropolitan Opera and recently at Theater Hagen in Germany. His mother, Carolyn Reid is a member of the Carthage Music Club which began in 1937 with 24 members. The purpose was to "stimulate individual effort and elevate the musical standard of the community." The club joined the Texas Federation of Music Clubs.
At that time in history, ladies dressed up in all of their finery, hats and furs to attend the music function. The first meeting was in the home of Mrs. Sid Baker Turner. This year's program is dedicated to the music of 1940's.
The club President, Sandra Chamness says that in May they will celebrate National Music Week by performing at the banks, nursing homes and other public places in the community. They also give a scholarship to a music major in Panola County each year and have purchased pianos for the Chamber of Commerce, Panola College and the Texas Country Music Hall of Fame.Jeri Mills, is a retired educator has been an avid reader since early childhood. She did not pursue her dream of writing seriously until she was asked to read and critique a high school psychology textbook; Invitation to Psychology published by Scott Foresman and Company in 1981. As a high school teacher of Advanced Placement Psychology, many of her comments were accepted and used during the final editorial development process of the widely used textbook. This assignment sparked her interest in devoting more time to her dream of writing resulting in her works being published in local schools, state, and national publications. She was the featured columnist in the local Champion Newspaper and occasional guest columnist in several newspapers and local magazines in Georgia. Since retiring in 2003 and returning to her native East Texas, she has been able to devote more time to her passion to write creatively and research African American history. Currently Mills writes a weekly column for the Daily Sentinel in Nacogdoches.
Check out the latest Local Voices posting from writer Judith Linsley as she tells the story of the Deep Water Festival held in the spring of 1924.
To read the full story click here: http://www.sfasu.edu/heritagecenter/4776.asp
Read the latest Local Voices postings from:
Mr. Kevin Ladd as he tells the story of "Dr. George Harley Fahring" (1881-1969), one of the most influential figures in Chambers County during the mid-Twentieth Century who was not only one of the town's leading businessmen but served in the medical profession in Anahuac. To read the full story, click here: http://www.sfasu.edu/heritagecenter/4772.asp
Miss Deborah Burkett's "There's a Fire at the Moon House," as she recalls the interviews conducted with volunteer fireman Jim Carlyle and firewoman Arla Phelps with their loyal service to help protect business and homes in Cherokee county. To read the full story, click here: http://www.sfasu.edu/heritagecenter/4759.asp
Mr. Marvin Mayer as he tells the story of "The Divided Town of Starrville" which was once the second largest city in Smith County, but when the town rejected the building of railroad tracks, the railroad laid tracks to nearby Winona. County Road 369 then became a makeshift "dividing line" between the families choosing to enroll their children in Winona versus Gladewater. To read the full story, click here: http://www.sfasu.edu/heritagecenter/4760.asp
To read his first story welcoming readers to truths about Smith County, click here: http://www.sfasu.edu/heritagecenter/4591.asp
Peek into Panola county with Miss Vina Lee as she tells the story of the second day of July 1776, the most memorable epoch in the history of America and its relation to Panola county.
To read the full story click here: http://www.sfasu.edu/heritagecenter/4608.asp
Check out Local Voices writer Miss Elaine Bay column 'Old News' as she tells the story of Smokey Row; the infamous business section of town that housed most of the saloons in Emory, Texas.
To read the full story click here: http://www.sfasu.edu/heritagecenter/4612.asp
The latest article from our Local Voices writer Judy Linsley, "The 'Beach Road' has a long history" tells the story of the 'beach road' used for everything from piracy to cattle drives!
To read the full article, click here: http://www.sfasu.edu/heritagecenter/4619.asp
Summer is the best time to travel or seek new and unexpected adventures, and that's exactly what Local Voices writer Deborah Burkett did recently. Miss Burkett was able to stumble upon a campground while driving home from Waco, Texas where in 1888 Confederate Veterans began to meet and continued to do so until the end of World War I.
To read Miss Burkett's full adventure, click here: http://www.sfasu.edu/heritagecenter/4625.asp
Or take a look at photos taken by Miss Burkett on the CRHR facebook page, click here: https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.437139476316702.99850.214175848613067&type=3
To read the full story: http://www.sfasu.edu/heritagecenter/4633.asp
Check out the latest story from Local Voices writer Miss Emily Hyatt as she tells the story of the Lufkin newspaper and two of its writers who earned their own Pulitzer Prize in pursuit of truth and excellence within Angelina County, on behalf of a local family.
To read the full story, click here: http://www.sfasu.edu/heritagecenter/4679.asp
Read the latest Local Voices story from the esteemed Newton County writer, Miss Jonnie Miller as she tells the story of the Confederate soldier from Newton known as the One Armed Fiddler.
To read the full story, click here: http://www.sfasu.edu/heritagecenter/4677.asp
To read the full story, click here: http://www.sfasu.edu/heritagecenter/4681.asp
To read the full story of the last Buffalo, click here: http://www.sfasu.edu/heritagecenter/4599.asp
To read the full story, click here: http://www.sfasu.edu/heritagecenter/4589.asp
Check out the latest Local Voices column from writer Mr. Kevin Ladd as he tells the story of the people's excitement surrounding the construction of the Humble Camp at Monroe City during the summer of 1935.
To read the full story, click here: http://www.sfasu.edu/heritagecenter/4604.asp
The current drought and triple-digit temperatures present here and elsewhere in the United States prompted Local Voices writer Ann Middleton to take a look at what the weather was like one hundred years ago. Read her latest story to get reports of the deaths caused as a result of the super-induced heat during that time period.
To read the full story, click here: http://www.sfasu.edu/heritagecenter/4597.asp
The 'Alto Herald' moves to the Waco Museum! Local Voices writer Deborah Burkett attended the dedication ceremony for the newspaper at the Waco Museum. Curator Ann Roznovsky emceed the event and shared her initial vision and what it took to make it happen. As one of the last Texas newspapers to use Linotype machines the Alto Herald exhibit recreates the experience of walking through the print shop in Alto.
To follow the exciting story of the Alto Herald's move read the esteemed Local Voices writer Miss Deborah Burkett's column, click here: http://www.sfasu.edu/heritagecenter/4567.asp or view the photos taken at the event below.
Waco Museum, New Home for Old Alto Herald
- The Alto Herald still used the Linotype machine while other newspapers in the state changed to offset/computerized style of printing. Instructor Ben Hobbs showed journalism students from SFA how a 'real' newspaper was printed using the 'hot type' method.
- Left to Right: Virginia Singletary, historian and Alto Library Director; and Ana Krahmer, Portal to Texas History coordinator. Miss Krahmer has worked with Terri Gonzales to digitize back issues of the newspapers.
- Deborah Burkett inspects the press forms from the last printing of the Alto Herald on July 27, 1978. The paper was published until that time on a 1919 Miehle press, capable of printing four pages on one sheet of paper.
- Curator Ann Roznovsky was the emcee. The exhibit recreates the experience of walking through the print shop in Alto. On the right are Trib owners Cordon Robinson and his father, Gordon. The swivel oak chair seen in photo was added by Mrs. Terri Gonzales.
- Marie Whitehead, current publisher of the Rusk Cherokeean does the honors while her daughter, editor Terri Gonzales, looks on. Clifton Robinson and his son Gordon Robinson, owners of the Waco Tribune-Herald are seen on the left.
- Robert Gonzales, Advertising/Sales Director of the Rusk Cherokeean/operates the radio arm of the business--KTLU AM and KWRW FM photographs the March 23, 1972 the Alto Herald front page featuring Emmett Whitehead, former publisher of the Rusk Cherokeean.
To read the full story click here: http://www.sfasu.edu/heritagecenter/4565.asp
Check out two of our esteemed Local Voices writers; Miss Judith Linsley as she tells the story of the all important Umbrella China tree in a Texas time period referred to as B.A.C. (before air conditioning) and Miss Vina Lee Hathaway as she tells the story of Mr. E. J. Adams, selected RIP Guardian by the Historical Commission of Texas to restore, investigate, and protect local history and his current work in the restoration of cemetery history with the use of dowsing rods.
To read full article, click here:
For Vina L. Hathaway "Restoring Cemetery History:"http://www.sfasu.edu/heritagecenter/4560.asp
For Judith Linsley "Umbrella China Trees had a Special Place in Yard:" http://www.sfasu.edu/heritagecenter/4561.asp
To read the story of the civil war in Northwest Louisiana, click here:
Why is it that some towns survived while other Gregg County communities only became historical footnotes?
The esteemed Local Voices writer Mr. Van Craddock answers this question in his latest column.
To read click here:http://www.sfasu.edu/heritagecenter/4553.asp
In his latest Local Voices column our venerated writer Mr. Rickey Robertson explores the past history of the Historic Bell of the Pine Grove Baptist Church, as the bell was once again hung on church grounds in a dedication service that was held on May 26th, 2012.
To explore the significance of the church bell in the Peason Community of Sabine Parish, Louisiana; Click here: http://www.sfasu.edu/heritagecenter/4502.asp
To read, click here: http://www.sfasu.edu/heritagecenter/4500.asp
Story from the revered Local Voices column writer Miss Deborah L. Burkett.
To read click here: http://www.sfasu.edu/heritagecenter/4494.asp
New Local Voices column posted in the Gregg County Tales by our esteemed writer Mr. Van Craddock titled "Laughs, Liberty and the Pursuit of Happiness."
To find out where the laughter has gone click here: http://www.sfasu.edu/heritagecenter/4492.asp
To read her newest literary contribution for her Bossier in Slices column, click here:
See flier for event schedule and details.
New Local voices columns are now available for the month of April! Check out our local writers Emily E. Hyatt and Rickey Robertson to read their latest literary creations.
To view articles click here:
Emily Hyatt 'Caro Crawford Brown': http://www.sfasu.edu/heritagecenter/4097.asp
Rickey Robertson 'The Whiteland of Peason Ridge': http://www.sfasu.edu/heritagecenter/4101.asp
For those who were unable to attend the opening of the exhibit 'Going off to War: An Exhibit at the Nacogdoches Historic Depot', below we have a transcribed copy of LTC Reichert's speech.
If you missed the opening event, have no fear! The exhibit runs through April, 2012 and is free and open to the public. The Nacogdoches Railroad Depot, located at 101 Old Tyler Road, in Nacogdoches, Tx, is open Tuesday-Thursday, 11am to 3pm, and Fridays, 10am to 4pm.
Photographs from Event
- Patrons in the main area viewing the exhibit.
- Mannequins positioned in the main waiting area, adorned with various military uniforms.
- Lieutenant Colonel (LTC) Reichert, our guest speaker for the event.
- Patrons preparing for LTC Reichert's speech.
- Damika Thomas (Left), who works in the Center for Regional Heritage Research, speaks with a patron concerning the event.
- LTC Reichert and his wife Mrs. Wendy Reichert.
- LTC Reichert speaking at the event.
- Patrons standing soon after LTC Reichert's speech.
- LTC Reichert (Right) speaks with a patron.
- LTC Reichert
- Mrs. Derby and Dr. Kelley Snowden
- Damika Thomas (Left) and Rene Valdez (Right)
- Dr. Mark Barringer, Associate Dean of the College of Liberal and Applied Arts.
The Center for Regional Heritage Research at Stephen F. Austin State University has announced it will sponsor the "Best of East Texas Award," which has honored East Texas historians and their works for more than 10 years. Dr. Mark Barringer, director of the center and associate dean of SFA's College of Liberal and Applied Arts, said the group will join Bob Bowman and Associates, Inc., of Lufkin and its publishing company, "Best of East Texas Publishing," in the effort. The award was formerly sponsored by the East Texas Historical Association of Nacogdoches. Historians and community leaders who have received the award in the past include James Smallwood of Gainesville, Eliza Bishop of Crockett, Mattie Dellinger of Center, Max Lale of Marshall, Willie Earl Tindall of San Augustine, Bill O'Neal of Carthage, Wanda Bobinger of Livingston, Dan Utley of Pflugerville, John and Betty Oglesbee of San Augustine, Ralph Wooster of Beaumont, and Jean Ables Flatt of Terrell.
Dr. Roth's presentation of his research on African Americans in early Nacogdoches June 24th was a great success! Also a success was the Stone Fort Museum's exhibit opening on African Americans in East Texas on June 25th.You can read more about it in the Daily sentinel here.
The Heritage Center is in the news! A Preserve America grant has allowed for several projects, including those focusing on east Texas cemeteries, to take place with the help of SFASU employees and the City of Nacogdoches. The three year grant is up in the fall, but the Center for Regional Heritage Research plans to take over the projects. You can read more about it in the Daily Sentinel here.
- African American Heritage Project of Nacogdoches - Oral Histories
- Camino Real de los Tejas Oral History Project
- Nacogdoches Census Report Project
- Mission Dolores - San Augustine, Texas
- SFASU Archaeology Field School at Pattonia
- The Enslaved Population and Freedmen of Nacogdoches County
- The Washington Square Project
- Project Archive
Photos courtesy of Julie Ardery/The Daily Yonder
Bonnie and Clyde Killed H.D. Murphy
By Deborah Burkett
The Earthquake of 1811 in Bossier
By Ann Middleton
The East Texas Historical Association's 2011 Fall Meeting was held in Nacogdoches, TX at the Fredonia Hotel.
September 22, 2011
The 2011 Lale Lecture featured Paul Burka, Executive Editor of Texas Monthly at 8:00 p.m. in the Grand Ballroom of the Baker Pattillo Student Center on the Stephen F. Austin State University Campus.
Click Here for More Information Stone Fort Museum - June 25, 2011
The Stone Fort Museum opened an exhibit on African Americans in East Texas.
Dr. Jeff Roth's Presentation of Research - June 24, 2011
Dr. Jeff Roth presented research on African Americans in early Nacogdoches at 7 P.M. at the Cole Art Center in downtown Nacogdoches.
NCPH Meeting - Pensacola, FL - April 2011
On Wednesday the 6th of April four History MA students (Kaitlin Wieseman, Carolyn Whitsitt, Carolyn White, and Misty Hurley) and one History BA student (Cassandra Bennett who will be entering the Public History MA program at Middle Tennessee State University in the Fall) joined Drs. Perky Beisel, Paul Sandul, and Scott Sosebee along with Mr. Herman Wright (LongBlackLine.org) on a twelve-hour road trip from Nacogdoches, TX to Pensacola, FL. Thanks to the generous support of the East Texas Historical Association, the History Department, and Student Affairs, we were able to make this an affordable and extremely educational trip. We all had fun at the conference, met great people, listened to stimulating sessions, toured the posters and the town (including a dip in the Gulf of Mexico), and presented our papers.
Heritage Center in the News!
Following our Heritage Development Summit on March 31, the Daily Sentinel ran a story detailing the event. You can read the Daily Sentinel's report here.
March 31, 2011
On March 31, 2011 the CRHR hosted the Heritage Development Summit.
February kicked off the Stephen F. Austin State University Charlie Wilson Oral History Project. The Project seeks to both honor and bolster the legacy of the longtime representative from East Texas as well as to enhance the representative's archival holdings in the East Texas Research Center (ETRC) at the R. W. Steen Library, the official repository of Wilson's congressional papers.
June 24th- Dr. Roth's Research Presentation
- Dr. Jeff Roth, Dr. Scott Sosebee, and Dr. Bruce Glasrud
- Dr. Bruce Glasrud
- Dr. Jeff Roth and Ms. Jeri Mills
- Ms. April Davis
- Dr. Roth
- Dr. Scott Sosebee
- The Audience
Teachers, museum educators, interpretive planners, ...natural resource managers, volunteers, and members of the public interested in better understanding trail history are invited to join us for one and one-half days of intensive learning that will give you the knowledge and know-how to interpret and teach the trail.
Two locations - Natchitoches, Louisiana and Victoria, Texas - will provide a rich setting in which you will learn from trail historians, walk a portion of the trace and share ideas with fellow educators.
The cost for each workshop is $60 and includes all sessions, a field trip and four meals. Choose to attend one, or both, workshops. Space at each location is limited, so register now.
For more information, a list of speakers and instructions on how to register, visit us at http://www.sfasu.edu/stonefort
Photographs from Event
- Linda Reynolds
- (From Left to Right) - - Bill Bishop, Jeff Reeds, Mayor Leroy Hughes, Dee Davis
- Dee Davis
For more information, please click here for details.
For a complete Stephen F. Austin Map, please click here for the map.
For the Heritage Development Summit Parking Map, please click here for the map.
Seating is very limited so we ask that you RSVP by calling 936-468-3953 or email email@example.com .
This program was made possible in part with a grant from Humanities Texas, the state affiliate of the National Endowment for the Humanities. Co-sponsored by the Stephen F. Austin State University Department of History, the Department of Social and Cultural Analysis, the School of Social Work, and the East Texas Historical Association.
Channel 12 KBMT News.
The National Rosenwald Schools Conference will be taking place starting on June 14, 2012 in Tuskegee, Alabama. For more information, click here for the program of the event.
Corrigan Project Photos
- Linda Reynolds, John Blanchette and Laura Blackburn (L-R)
- John Blanchette and Laura Blackburn (L-R)
- Linda Reynolds on the left
- Dr. Kelley Snowden, John Blanchette and Laura Blackburn (L-R)
- John Blanchette and Laura Blackburn (L-R)
- Dr. Mark Barringer
- Boxes of historical documents
- Historical documents and items
- Laura Blackburn, Dr. Kelley Snowden, Dr. Mark Barringer, Linda Reynolds, Dr. Perky Beisel and John Blanchette (L-R)