Stephen F. Austin State University

For Students

Resources for Students

Here you can find various resources for use by SFA Human Services students.

Forms for Students



A full load for an undergraduate student during a long semester is twelve (12) hours and a full load for a graduate student during a long semester is nine (9) hours. If you need to take additional hours over the full load amount, an Overload Request Form shall be required.

Take the completed form, with your signature to the instructor of the course creating the need for the overload. You will need to obtain their signature. Once approved there, approval from the Chair is required. Bring the form to the chair's office to be further processed.



Student Organizations

Overlap Program Application

Overlap Program application.

Participants SONA Training

SONA Participants Introduction


LiveText is the approved system used for key assignment submissions, artifact collection, accreditation standards integration, and student assessments in the James I. Perkins College of Education.

Courses in the PCOE use the LiveText data management system to collect critical assessments for students who are Perkins College of Education majors (undergraduate, graduate, and doctoral) or majors in other colleges seeking educator certification through the Perkins College of Education.

If you have questions about obtaining or registering your LiveText account, call ext. 1267 or email Once LiveText is activated, if you have technical questions, call ext. 7050 or email Failure to activate the account and/or submit the required assignment(s) within the LiveText system may result in course failure.

Academic Assistance

AARC Tutoring

Universal Self-Assessment Form

Advising Form for Teaching Majors

Application for Admission forms

Here is the link to Undergraduate Application to the university.

Here is the link to Graduate and Doctoral Application to the university.

Here is the link to the Graduate Admission Requirements to the university.

Distance Education Support (OIT)

For details regarding online courses, ITV classes, and off campus, face-to-face classes contact the
Office of Instructional Technology.

Directions to Human Services

Click here for directions to the Human Services building.

Financial Aid

Here is a link to financial aid.

Human Services Overview

Overview of the Department of Human Services.

Student Handbook

Link to Policies and Resources of Interest to Students


Crystal Evans, Program Secretary for Educational Psychology
Office: HSTC 232 Phone: 936.468.1387 E-mail:

Bonnie Fyffe, Department Secretary
M-F, 8-12 Office: HSTC 302 Phone: 936.468.1395 E-mail:

Bonnie Fyffe, Program Secretary for Professional Counseling
M-F, 1-5 Office: HSTC 208 Phone: 936.468.1079 E-mail:

Kristi Howard, Department Administrative Assistant
Office: HSTC 302B Phone: 936.468.6401 E-mail:

Whitney Minix, Program Secretary for Speech Language Pathology
Office: HSTC 205 Phone: 936.468.7109 E-mail:

Donna Wood, Program Secretary for Visual Impairment & Orientation and Mobility
Office: HSTC 219 Phone: 936.468.1145 E-mail:

Around Campus

Link to the SFA
University Police Department

Sexual Misconducts Prevention, Support, and Resources Site
Lumberjacks Care