Orientation is the place for incoming students to experience what college life will be like at Stephen F. Austin State University. Thousands of incoming students will attend Orientation throughout the summer, and this is your chance to be a part of the excitement!
Participation in Orientation allows you to:
- Become familiar with campus
- Learn more about your academic major and minor
- Meet your academic dean, academic advisor, faculty and administration
- Create your fall 2015 class schedule
- Meet new and current students and learn from others' experiences
- Be more prepared for your first day, first year, and your college experience
Reservations for each of the five summer New Student Orientation sessions are taken in the order that they are received. In order to process your reservation, you must include the $140 fee and any applicable parent/family fees. These fees include lodging on Thursday night (for all students and parent/family members staying on campus), meals including dinner on Thursday and breakfast and lunch on Friday, publications, staff wages and administrative costs.
Reservations must be received no later than noon on the reservations deadline date (listed below) for the requested session. We will try to honor your session preference; but because of a limit on capacity, you may be assigned your second or third session choice. Please bring your Orientation confirmation email and/or Orientation session change form with you to check in.
Bacterial Meningitis Requirement
If you are new to the campus, State law requires students to have a Meningitis shot at least 10 days prior to enrollment. Registration for classes (enrollment) takes place during orientation, so due to the state law, you will not be able to register for classes at orientation if your meningitis vaccination record is not on file with the university. In addition, your housing assignment for the fall will not be complete until we receive your meningitis vaccination record. For additional information, go to Bacterial Meningitis Information.
Texas Success Initiative (TSI)
You are required to submit all TSI exemption and/or TSI Assessment scores to the TSI office before attending Orientation. Any student who does not turn in the required documentation will not be allowed to register for any classes. For additional information go to TSI for Orientation Attendees.
A $10 charge will be added to registration fee after the deadline dates.
- Session 1 (June 11-12) May 29 (CLOSED)
- Session 2 (June 18-19) June 5 (CLOSED)
- Session 3 (June 25-26) June 12 (CLOSED)
- Session 4 (July 23-24) July 10 (CLOSED for students)
- Session 5 (July 30-31) July 17
- *The reservation deadlines are 2 weeks prior to the first day of your Orientation choice. Please remember that the date you are wishing to attend may fill to capacity before the deadline date. Make sure to sign up for the dates you want as soon as possible.