The Orientation Programs Staff would love to welcome you to Stephen F. Austin State University and congratulate you on starting your Lumberjack experience here at Orientation. As a new student to Stephen F. Austin State University, you have accepted a new set of responsibilities and will be faced with many important decisions. Embarking on this exciting and challenging adventure will provide you with new opportunities for growth, both academically and personally. Our goal in Orientation Programs is to make your transition to Stephen F. Austin State University life as smooth as possible by giving you the tools to succeed and guiding you in the right direction.
Axe'em Jacks, Orientation Programs Staff
Interested in becoming a 2014 Orientation Leader? Well here's your chance! Applications are now available through the HR Website. The deadline is March 26, so don't wait, apply today!
Application Submission Process
To apply to become a 2014 Orientation Leader, please fill out our application online at the SFA human resources department website to submit an application.
1. Visit www.sfasu.edu
2. Click on "Students" at the top of the SFA Homepage.
3. Click on "student employment", located to the right hand side of the screen.
4. Click on the first "click here" link located in the first sentence.
5. You will then be directed to the "Career site" for SFA, click on the "Student Assistant/Work Study Positions" Link.
6. Scroll down to the "Student Assistant (Orientation)" listing and click "view".
7. Be careful to read the posting and all requirements before submitting your application.
8. Click on the "Apply for this posting" tab to begin filling out the application
Resume, References, Application Questions
Applications Due: March 26th
*Individual Interview Dates: March 31- April 4 (if selected)
*Final Interview: April 9th at 5 p.m. (if selected)
OL Retreat: May 15-17, 2014
Staff Work Weeks: May 19,2014- June 12,2014
**2014 Freshman Orientations: June 12-13, June 19-20, June 26-27, July 17-18 & July 24-25
2014 Transfer Orientations: May 2. July 11, August 1
*All applicants will be contacted via phone or email regarding interviews
**There will be mandatory staff meetings/set-up each Wednesday before each session.