Procurement and Property Services provides procurement tools to support customers in securing goods and services that represent the best value to the University, while promoting full and equal business opportunities for all businesses, and ensuring that asset records are properly maintained.
We are located on the Northeast side of campus on the corner of East College and Wilson Drive. Click the link below to view a map.
News from Procurement
All contracts, except ORSP contracts, must be routed to the Procurement Office as a starting point for processing. The contracts will be scanned and uploaded into an electronic system, iContracts, and routed to general counsel, then the division vice president for review, then to the president for signature, and finally returned to Procurement. Where appropriate, the department will be engaged for coordination with the vendor for review of contract changes and/or signature. As is the case now, departments needing originals signatures will be contacted when their contract is ready to be picked up.
Contracts may be forwarded to Procurement in any of the following ways:
- Electronically (MS Word or editable document format preferred) - email to email@example.com
- Campus mail - Box 13030
- Hand delivered - corner of East College and Wilson Drive, Purchasing & Inventory Building
To assist us in capturing accurate information in iContracts, please complete a Contract Summary Form from the Procurement website and forward it with your contract. Remember, no employee has authority to sign a contract except the president.
- If an expenditure is involved, a requisition must be completed;
- If you would like to receive an email at each step when the contract moves from office to office, indicate such on the Contract Summary Form;
- If the original with signatures needs to be returned to you, indicate on the Contract Summary Form;
- If the vendor cannot be found in Banner, request a W9 from the vendor and forward to procurement.
Effective immediately the following changes have been implemented regarding the purchase of furniture/furnishings.
If you need to purchase furniture/furnishings only, a space modification form IS NOT required;
- Please note that the purchase of furniture/furnishings associated with other space changes must still be submitted on the Space Modification form;
For furniture/furnishings only needs, contact the Design Center for a recommendation; ext. 1566, firstname.lastname@example.org;
- The Design Center will provide a variety of selections and alternatives as close to budget as possible while maintaining a standard that provides for quality, warranty, etc. plus full-service from entering the requisition to being on-site during installation and handling any problems that arise at that time or during the warranty period, which is a lifetime warranty in most cases.
- If the Design Center cannot meet your needs, they recommend the department make the purchase with a p-card or submit a requisition through standard processes.
Furniture/Furnishings CAN NOT be purchased on a p-card or requisition submitted by the department unless recommended by the Design Center;
- If the Design Center is not involved in the purchase, the department will be held accountable for quality, installation, repairs, etc. associated with making their own selections.
Do NOT create a separate line for freight. Freight will need to be added to your most expensive line item in the additional field. For questions concerning freight contact your buyer.
DOCUMENT TEXT AND LINE ITEM TEXT
Remember the difference between 'document text' and 'item text.' If you have any questions when completing your requisition:
'Document text' is general information you want to give the purchaser about the purchase request.
'Item text' is the specific descriptive information about the line item.