Stephen F. Austin State University

Hudgins-Allen House

500 E. Rusk, Marshall

Current Owner 2013: Amanda Marie Dunn

Sanborn Maps:

Architectural Survey

Architectural Survey

The 1877 Hudgins-Allen home is a two-story, frame, Folk Victorian structure. The house as a single level, full length, front porch with hipped roof and supported by four square columns. This particular Folk Victorian structure contains no embellishments, bracketing, or spindlework, instead it very much resembles Greek Revival architecture with its plain facade.

Historical Background

The Hudgins-Allen house was built in 1877 and was the home of Confederate Captain WIlliam Hudgins. The eleven room structure remained in the original family until 2000.
Hudgins-Allen House Photos