Stephen F. Austin State University

Starr-McGee Home

305 S. Grove, Marshall

Current Owner 2013: Charles H. & Gloria Fletcher

Sanborn Maps:

Architectural Survey

Architectural Survey

The 1930 Starr-McGee home is a brick, two-story Neoclassical structure. The facade has five symmetrical bays. The main entrance is covered by a full-height semi-circul portico supported by four ionic columns.

Historical Background

The original two-story, simple frame house was built in 1911 and razed in 1929, leaving the kitchen and master bedroom around wchi owner Harry McGee Sr. constrcuted the elaborate brick home seen today.
Starr-McGee Home Photos