Campus Alert

Parking Closure of Certain Floors in the Lumberjack Village Parking Garage. Click here for more information..

Stephen F. Austin State University

1102 N. Mound (Not Zoned Historic)

As of 1991, this address no longer exists and the property is now part of 1204 N. Mound.
1102 N. Mound Photographs

1102 N. Mound 2013 Summer Survey

Address: 1102 N. Mound

Block: 45

Lot: 75-A

Date: 1920

Description: The earliest known owner of the property was John B. Atkins. According to a 1929 sanborn map, Akins did have a house located on the property. At a unknown date, Atkins sold the property, and the next known owner of the land was the Church of Christ. The church used the house as home for reverends, and several of them lived in the house. From 1963 to 1975, the following people lived in the house; Roy Cogdill, Rev. Robert C. Welch, Rev. Brooks C. Webb, Rev James W. Adams, Rev. Oliver Murray, and Marlette Childs. In 1991, the Church of Christ sold the property to the Nacogdoches County Hospital District. The hospital district demolished the house on the property to make room for hospital expansions and parking lots.

Click here for the property's Time Line