Each year hundreds of students experience Jack Camp and we hear stories of how students met their best friend at Jack Camp or how Jack Camp allowed a student to get involved and become president of their organization. We hope you make the choice to start your college experience as a Lumberjack with us.
Please feel free to contact us with any questions: JackCamp@sfasu.edu
How do I register for Jack Camp?
On the LEFT side of the screen we have 2 registration options available in the green boxes.
- If you would like to register for Jack Camp using check, cash or charging it to your mysfa account please click on the first green box.
- You must send this registration form and your form of payment to our office:
Att: Jack Camp
P.O. BOX 13021, Nacogdoches, Texas 75962
- If you would like to register for Jack Campu using a credit/debit card (No Gift Cards), please select the second green box.
- Once you have completed the regsitration form and entered your credit/debit card information, please allow for up to 3 days before your payment has been processed. You will receive a confirmation once your card has been charged for the regsitration amount.
- Registration will be avialable during Summer Orientation sessions- but if you using a credit card, you must complete registration online at all times for security purposes.
SESSION I REGISTRATION IS NOW CLOSED.
- While many students get cell phone service in the area, it is not uncommon to have "poor" signal, please plan accordingly. If you need to contact your student while at camp please contact the the camp at 800-735-6190.
- If you are interested in purchasing snacks, tribal tshirts and other promotional items at our camp store, please bring cash with you. There are no ATM's at camp.
- While you will spend most of your free time hanging out with your new friends and learning more about the University- please be aware there are no "Wi-Fi" hotspots at camp, so please plan accordingly.
- IF YOU ARE A MEMBER OF THE LUMBERJACK MARCHING BAND THE DATES FOR CAMP CONFLICT WITH JACK CAMP. Good Luck with practice and we look forward to seeing you perform this fall!
Check-in is from Noon-2:00 p.m. and check out is at Noon on the last day.
*(Lunch is NOT provided on the first or last day of camp).
Session I: August 17-19 (REGISTRATION CLOSED)
Session II: August 20-22
Campers are responsible for their own transportation to and from camp. Students can be dropped off and picked up in Trinity, Texas or parking will be provided for students who drive themselves. (See section to the right with directions to each camp facility).
* If students would like to arrange for carpooling or to follow one another from a destination point, we encourage students to join our facebook page to communicate with others.
Jack Camp welcomes incoming students to SFA each year by giving them an opportunity to meet fellow students, have fun, and learn about life at SFA. It is our hope that through Jack Camp, you will find your place in our Lumberjack Family.
Jack Camp is a three-day extended orientation program that takes place in Trinity, Texas. Students will arrive at Jack Camp to find some of the best camp facilities in the state of Texas, including air conditioned cabins, on-site cafeteria, athletic fields and more. In addition, Jack Camp is led by some of the most successful student leaders at SFA.
Once you arrive at Jack Camp, you will become part of several groups - your cabin, your family group, your tribe and your team. This will allow you to meet as many other Lumberjacks as possible. With these groups, you will enjoy team-building exercises, participate in group discussions, play sports and socialize.
In addition, Jack Camp also features evening mixer activities, plenty of free time at the pool, and opportunities for you to just enjoy your surroundings with some of your new friends.
Jack Camp costs $160. This price covers meals, lodging, camp materials, and a Jack Camp T-shirt. You can complete the attached registration form and mail it back to our office, or download one from our website. You can pay for Jack Camp with cash, check or a credit card, or charge it to your MySFA account. All credit card transactions can be completed by using the online marketplace link at www.sfasu.edu/jackcamp. Be sure to register ASAP as our session will fill up fast!
All cancellations must be received in writing via mail or e-mail on or before the cancellation dates. PLEASE e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org to cancel.
Jack Camp Photos
- - Meet new friends and learn more about SFA in your family group!
- - Jack Camp gets you prepared for life on campus through fun games and activities
- - Jack Camp Counselors are student leaders from around campus
- - Learn SFA cheers and chants before you get to the big game!
- Preparing for one of our Tribal Games.
- - Camp facilities are among the best in the state at Camp Olympia in Trinity, Texas
- - This years Jack Camp dance is dress like your favorite Celeb!
- - The Jack Camp dance is always a good time! This year is dress like your favorite Celeb!
- More of our awesome counselors.
The Office of Student Affairs Programs is committed to providing support for students with disabilities. If you are a student who needs an accommodation to attend or participate in one of our events or student organizations you are encouraged to stop by Room 325 in the Human Services Building to make your request. You may also call us at (936) 468-3004, TDD: (936) 468-1004.
If you have an accommodation request please see us as soon as possible, so we can make any arrangements necessary. Accommodations can only be arranged once a request has been submitted in writing to Disability Services. To the greatest extent possible, the Office of Student Affairs Programs shall observe confidentiality with respect to any request for accommodation.
Students who feel they have not been accommodated appropriately can appeal that decision utilizing the university appeals process.