Jack Camp Schedule
DAY 1: Check in is from 12:00 p.m.- 2:00 p.m.
*Our first activity begins at 2:15, so please be sure to arrive early to get settled in.
*Our first meal is not until 5:00 p.m.
FINAL DAY: We usually dismiss camp around Noon.
*All campers being dropped off need to arrange to be picked up by 1:00 p.m. at the latest.
Jack Camp will be held at Camp Olympia in Trinity, Texas. The address is: 723 Olympia Drive Trinity, Texas 75862
- Themed Dance: We will have Sports Themed Dance on the final night! Come dressed as an athlete or in your favorite jersey or sports team gear!
- There is poor cell signal at camp and no Wi-Fi available. Please prepare accordingly. Students may access camp phones for emergency calls.
- Meals will be at approximately 8:00am, Noon, 5:00 pm. There will be snacks available for purchase during free times at the camp store. Items are $1.00. *CASH ONLY.
- Campers will receive a Jack Camp shirt upon arrival, but will have the opportunity to purchase an additional "Tribe" T-shirt. Tribe shirts are $10.00. *CASH ONLY.
- Campers will sleep in cabins with twin bunks. They will need to provide linens. *Don't forget your PILLOW!!!
- The majority of the programming is facilitated outside, so please dress appropriately for the heat and elements. We STRONGLY encourage tennis shoes!!!! Campers are encouraged to participate in physical activities that
What is your method of payment?
Credit Card: Click Here for online registration
Check/Money Order/Cash: Download Jack Camp Registration Form and mail/fax to the information included in form.
SFA Student Account: Download Jack Camp Registration Form and mail/fax to the information included in form.
*(SFA Student Account: The full amount will be charged to an online account the student will be able to access at anytime. Students on financial aid may also use this option.)
SESSION 1: CLOSED!
SESSION 2: August 18-20
Jack Camp welcomes incoming students to SFA each year by giving them an opportunity to meet fellow students, have fun, and learn about life at SFA. It is our hope that through Jack Camp, you will find your place in our Lumberjack Family.
Jack Camp is a three-day extended orientation program that takes place in Trinity, Texas. Students will arrive at Jack Camp to find some of the best camp facilities in the state of Texas, including air conditioned cabins, on-site cafeteria, athletic fields and more. In addition, Jack Camp is led by some of the most successful student leaders at SFA.
Once you arrive at Jack Camp, you will become part of several groups - your cabin, your family group, your tribe and your team. This will allow you to meet as many other Lumberjacks as possible. With these groups, you will enjoy team-building exercises, participate in group discussions, play sports and socialize.
At camp everyone is split into two tribes with hundreds of other first year students. These tribes will compete throughout the camp in activities such as cheers, tribal games, skits, and more.
Each tribe will also be split into "family groups" of around 10 - 15 students and 2 counselors. Within these groups, students will have an opportunity to share fun experiences with their peers and really get to know other students on a close level.
They will also have opportunities to engage in small group discussions about life at SFA, what to expect as a new student, some fears students might have their first year, as well as many other questions incoming students may have.
In addition, Jack Camp also features evening mixer activities, plenty of free time at the pool, and opportunities for you to just enjoy your surroundings with some of your new friends.
Jack Camp costs $160.
This price covers meals, lodging, camp materials, and a Jack Camp T-shirt.
You can pay for Jack Camp with cash, check or a credit card, or charge it to your MySFA account.
All credit card transactions can be completed by using the online marketplace link at www.sfasu.edu/jackcamp.
All cancellations must be received in writing via mail or e-mail on or before the cancellation dates.
PLEASE e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org to cancel.
July 11: Last day to cancel and receive a $160 refund
July 29: Last day to cancel and receive a $75 refund
Aug. 1: No refunds given after this date
All cancellations must be received in writing via mail or email on or before the cancellation dates.
Students are not guaranteed a particular session. These sessions can fill up quickly. If you choose a session that is full,
you will be placed in another session and will be notified of the change.
Jack Camp Photos
- - Meet new friends and learn more about SFA in your family group!
- - Jack Camp gets you prepared for life on campus through fun games and activities
- - Jack Camp Counselors are student leaders from around campus
- - Learn SFA cheers and chants before you get to the big game!
- Preparing for one of our Tribal Games.
- - Camp facilities are among the best in the state at Camp Olympia in Trinity, Texas
- - This years Jack Camp dance is dress like your favorite Celeb!
- - The Jack Camp dance is always a good time! This year is dress like your favorite Celeb!
- More of our awesome counselors.
The Office of Student Affairs Programs is committed to providing support for students with disabilities. If you are a student who needs an accommodation to attend or participate in one of our events or student organizations you are encouraged to stop by Room 325 in the Human Services Building to make your request. You may also call us at (936) 468-3004, TDD: (936) 468-1004.
If you have an accommodation request please see us as soon as possible, so we can make any arrangements necessary. Accommodations can only be arranged once a request has been submitted in writing to Disability Services. To the greatest extent possible, the Office of Student Affairs Programs shall observe confidentiality with respect to any request for accommodation.
Students who feel they have not been accommodated appropriately can appeal that decision utilizing the university appeals process.